Talk me out of buying a ZT Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by champion ruby, Feb 17, 2012.

1. champion ruby

champion ruby Member

I'm about to pick one up to use as a practice amp so I can leave my tube rig at the rehearsal space. I know there has been lot's of threads about the ZT stuff already but they've still left me undecided.

How is the headphone/direct out sound? Is there any cabinet emulation going on in there?

Can it really handle keys well? It would be handy to have for a keyboard amp to leave the P.A just for vocals for small gigs.

If I was to run a digital tanpura or some kind of backing into the aux in would it sound ok for live? Or is it more for practice purposes?

Maybe I'm expecting too much out of the amp but it seems like it could be a versatile little tool to have handy. It would be nice to hear from anyone who owns the Club or lunchbox for that matter.

2. ReginaldBisquet

ReginaldBisquet Member

You just described me and my set up.... creepy!

Below:
    Alesis Micron into ZT club normal input jack
    Digital tanpura into aux input jack

[​IMG]

Not mic'd into club's PA. All controls at noon. VERY loud and clear. On more than a dozen occasions - I've had the sound guy complement the Club's tone and power.

The second ZT in the photo above was used for the drum machine.

Sound samples of various performances available here:
    http://soundcloud.com/art-institute/sets/concert-recordings-in-austin/

EDIT: I should also note that the Club 12s have seen almost 100 gigs in four states and hundreds of hours of rehearsals. They are hardy little monsters.

3. cratz2

cratz2 Member

Can't man... I have absolutely no need for one, but I keep feeling drawn to the Club.

4. champion ruby

champion ruby Member

Hey, yeh I searched some old threads and your posts kind of got me thinking how it could be pretty useful. Would like to use for guitar/keys Ashra style stuff.

I know. I keep telling myself I kind of need it even though I don't need more amps at all, but they seem so damn versatile.