Talk to me about Lollar Gold Foils

duaneallen

Silver Supporting Member
Wanted to see what you guys thought about these pickups. I'm thinking of getting a guitar with them in it, and wanted to hear some of your thoughts. How do they compare to P-90s? Do they sound great both clean and overdriven? Thanks for any help.

e???

They are more stark, and not not as warm as a p90, but are cleaner and clearer than a p90. Kinda more tele neck pickup mixed with a Charlie Christian pickup with a little bit of a minibucker thrown in. Hard to describe. I tried them clean, and I did like them. But I like p90's clean more.

Bossanova

Gold Supporting Member
They are more stark, and not not as warm as a p90, but are cleaner and clearer than a p90. Kinda more tele neck pickup mixed with a Charlie Christian pickup with a little bit of a minibucker thrown in. Hard to describe. I tried them clean, and I did like them. But I like p90's clean more.
Agree, I think the fad will pass. I played a Nash tele with a pair of these through a DRRI. Crystal cleans was the best thing about them. A little like a strat neck pup with less character IMO. Did a back-to-back with some under wound p90s and much preferred those.

K-Line

Vendor
Yes this. Not very versatile but if a Cooder slide type guitar, nails it. I asked Chris @ Klein Pickups to come up with something for my new Del Mar that had the look but more clarity and punch with no single coil noise. He nailed it.
http://www.kleinpickups.com/p-447-mustache-diamond-gold-foil.aspx

Trending Topics