• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Talk to me about Wampler Euphoria

CA$H FLOW

Silver Supporting Member
So I've had the Wampler Euphoria on my gas list for a couple months now, and would love to hear what you thought of it. My guitar has single coils fyi. I currently have a Pork Loin, MXR gtod, and Plimsoul as my drive/distortion pedals. I was kind of envisioning the Wampler replacing the MXR GTOD.
How will the Wampler compare or fit in with these?

Magnum Z.I.

I haven't tried out the other pedals you've mentioned, but can say that I am very satisfied with my Ecstasy (Euphoria). I also use singe coils. The Euphoria is exactly the sound I had been looking for.

This video pretty much sold me on the pedal and I am able to closely replicate the tone especially after getting a Dr Z head:
http://youtu.be/467E-7yIK_k

In the video the guy uses the Crunch setting as his rhythm and the Smooth setting as his lead. I've set mine on the Smooth position and leave it there. For high gain I use a Barber Super Sport.

You should definitely get it.

harpinon

I had two ecstasy's and I don't think the demos of the euphoria really jive.
The euphoria sounds Dumble-ish where the ecstasy is open and punchy.

It's the same circuit, there shouldn't be any difference. I'm not saying there isn't, at least not to your ears.

I don't own one, but I'd love to.

harpinon

It's the same circuit, there shouldn't be any difference. I'm not saying there isn't, at least not to your ears.

I don't own one, but I'd love to.
So why the new name?

Anyway, that unit is really good. The top setting is a bit fuzzy and compressed. The middle setting is very open and louder. Very much like a Timmy. In the middle setting, it is very "bitey" and harsh sounding with Fender/Vox amps. The bottom setting is supposed to be crunch. Its the least impressive of the three.
Overall, its a killer pedal if you want to avoid the TS sound.

I just scored a VFE Dark Horse. Its set up almost just like the Ecstacy/Timmy but with a comp dial. Now that is one you may want to look into.

ericjohnson

I've had the Euphoria on my board for a little over a week and let me tell you this is one sweet pedal. The dumble setting is pure gold. Just the perfect amount of geit and jangle. The clean boost is very useful and the distortion is very musical. I heart the Euphoria very much. BTW it is the exact same pedal as the Ecstasy just different name out of respect to Bogner. Buy it today!

CA$H FLOW

Silver Supporting Member
Well....... 6 months down the road I finally bought the Euphoria. The pedal shipped out yesterday and I should see it in about 1 week. I'm really hoping I can keep the pedal always on, using it as part of my basic tone then ride the volume knob as needed.
Anyone else do this ?

smj

I've been eying the Fusion to save space on a 2nd board.... I did play the Euphoria the other day and liked it. Does the Fusion get pretty close to the versatility of the Euphoria???

Sean Meredith-Jones
www.seanmeredithjones.com

BrianWampler

The fusion is voiced a bit differently, it has a little more mids to it, and a bit more clarity on the notes. It also has a touch more gain.

jaded_musician

Gold Supporting Member
I'm really looking forward to the new Dual Fusion pedal. From what I can hear on the videos it seems like a really versatile pedal.

ibanart300

I love my Wampler Ecstasy. It can do the whole transparent Timmy thing on the Open setting and on the Smooth setting it gives you a great Dumble-ish sound. Very warm and works especially well with my Strat and Tele. I wish I could own two of them!

Why is it that guys who rave about their Euphoria usually play single coils? Was the Euphoria voiced for single coils especially? Or does it shine with humbuckers too? I'm dying to try one.

psychic_sushi

Loving my recently acquired Ecstasy!

Particularly the Smooth setting for fat tones, and the Open setting for touch sensitive lower gain. It's unbelievably transparent.

The bass control is extra handy for fattening up single coils, and I dig the range of the tone knob. It cuts off high end nicely.

I tried tweaking it up a bit, ran it on higher voltage (14v) after seeking advice from the Wampler folks, then tried using another chip (tlc2272) just to get a different flavor.

Arrived at this conclusion: It can't get any better than stock. Brian's a genius.

Now I've got bad GAS for a Sovereign to cover higher gain duties.

Abandoned

Tweed Tube Tone Purist
Well....... 6 months down the road I finally bought the Euphoria. The pedal shipped out yesterday and I should see it in about 1 week. I'm really hoping I can keep the pedal always on, using it as part of my basic tone then ride the volume knob as needed.
Anyone else do this ?
Review now that you have it?

Crash-VR

Silver Supporting Member
I have the dual fusion and love it. Now I really want a Paisley Drive and a Euphoria for alternate tones for each side. Overkill? Maybe... But awesome just the same!

Jason Wilding

They are the same pedal; only the graphic and the name changed. There is absolutely no way they could sound different unless the writing on the casing counts!!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom