Talked to Sweetwater about the KPA

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by jeff5x0, Jan 26, 2012.

1. jeff5x0

jeff5x0 Member

Well of course I got the answer "2 weeks". (anyone who has seen the movie Money Pit should chuckle) Sigh. Im dying to get my hands on one of these things. Hoping it will fit perfectly in my studio. What the guy (Brandon) did tell me though is they have enough on order to fulfill the pre-orders AND have left overs. But take it for what its worth coming from a salesman. Im still very happy with my 11rack, but I struggle with certain tones on it (Mesa, Plexi) Anyway, not an earth shattering post, just wanted to pass along the info in case anyone is interested. Late first week of February is what they are saying now.

2. Hipster Dofus

Hipster Dofus Member

I live in Ft Wayne, and have several good friends that work at SW. Kinda want to see this thing up close....

3. lspaulsp

lspaulsp Gold Supporting Member

The Sweetwater guys are usually pretty straight. At least mine is.

4. steadystate

steadystate Member

Hate to say it, but I no longer believe anything I hear from a Sweetwater salesman...excuse me...sales "engineer".:rotflmao

My experiences with them have not been pleasant. I doubt they have any idea when it will be available.

5. lspaulsp

lspaulsp Gold Supporting Member

Then I would say talk to Nick Church. He's been straight with me.

6. steadystate

steadystate Member

I'm sure they're not *all* driven exclusively by commission, so I believe you. But I would only buy from Sweetwater if there were no other options and I HAD to have the gear.

7. jeff5x0

jeff5x0 Member

I actually really like Sweetwater. I didnt mean to imply otherwise if thats the way it came off. I just get frustrated when I hear first week in Nov, then 3rd week in January, now February. I know its not their fault, I just really want it lol!

8. Hipster Dofus

Hipster Dofus Member

Last I heard, no more commissions. I gotta say, some things i have no need to get at SW, but things like my 01v96VCM, 11R, PRX512ms, all came from there. Ive taken stuff in for service, and they just gave me a new one, more than once...

YMMV

9. Csgband

Csgband Member

Moved to Austin, formerly from Brooklyn, NY
    Sweetwater has always treated me very well.
    I am on the list for the first batch of Kemper's.
    They will ship when they ship.
    I don't worry.

10. Hoth

Hoth Silver Supporting Member

I have only had good experiences with SW (TJ Walstrom) myself. I worry about buying guitars over the internet so when I do I go to SW since they always send me ones that are setup great.

11. playsarobin

playsarobin Results. Not excuses.

I've had 50/50 experience...

Salesman quoted me a time on some back ordered items and he was dead on. Quote me on a pre order and was dead on. Last summer/fall I was after a duet II and it was delay after delay after delay.. It was the first time I had to call them as well to get an update. Didn't get phone calls from them.

I don't mind using them as their online "in stock" statement is generally on point, unlike MF. However I've been having great experiences with Zzounds.com and price matching.

Hopefully it really is 2 weeks for the KPA.... I'm not so sure though. Haha

12. 78deluxe

78deluxe Member

Have been drastically misquoted on shipment time-frames for items not in stock more than 50% of the times I've pre-ordered items not in stock. (and when OTHER dealers had them).

Their service is fine if they have an item in stock. I won't pre-order from them unless they are the game in town that is carrying the item.

One of those times, I ended up canceling my order and had the item from another dealer within a couple days...I kept track of Sweetwater, and for whatever reason they didn't have them in stock for 2 months.