Tampa area Amp Tech

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by m3g, Feb 9, 2008.

1. m3g

m3g Member

Who is the go to amp tech in the Tampa area?

2. m3g

m3g Member

3. Marshall Man

Marshall Man Member

Depending on your amp there are a bunch in the Tampa area!

4. m3g

m3g Member

Various ptp amps. Name a few techs please.

5. Casual Picker

Casual Picker Member

I too am interested in finding an quality amp tech, and guitar tech in the Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater area. My go-to guy recently moved so I need someone I can trust. Amps are Fender-Marshall-Boogie, guitars are Fender-Gibson-Gretsch. I guess I can start doing my own set ups on guitars, but I am definately not an amp guy!

6. m3g

m3g Member

Ben Chafin at Legends guitars in Tampa would be the one to see regarding your guitars. Now if someone would just recomend Ben's equivilent in the amp world we would be set.

:munch

7. Marshall Man

Marshall Man Member

I do not know specific names, but if you open the phone book or look on your amps website there are many for say Fender or Marshall.

8. m3g

m3g Member

anyone? someone who deals with vintage amps perhaps?

9. PRNDL

PRNDL Member

10. SpeakerTone

SpeakerTone Member

I know this is an old thread but I inadvertently found it during a search. A good buddy of mine, Cory Wheeler, is an excellent amp tech/builder. I don't let anyone else touch my amps. I even gave him a page on my website. His contact info is on the page (link directly below). He is VERY reasonable, qualified and honest.
    http://speakertone.com/repairs.htm
    He designed and built the circuits for the original Speedster amps.
    He lives right here in Saint Petersburg (Tampa Bay) Florida. This is not spam. I don't make a nickle off of Cory's repair work. He's also the guitarist and co-writer for the Hodaddy's and is an excellent old school blues player.

Also, I strongly second the recommendation for Ben Chafin as the go-to guitar tech/builder in the Tampa Bay area. He's at Legends Guitars in Tampa. He does all the work on my personal guitars. He also has his own line of custom guitars.
    http://www.chafincustom.com/

11. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

i always used the guys at Diversified Audio in north Tampa, off Bearss ave and Nebraska Ave.....they fixed all sorts of amps and effects pedals for me over the years. if they are still there, i would use them again

12. gjr123guitar

gjr123guitar Member

There are two guys in Sarasota for amp repair. Gary Druin is excellent and very affordable. His # is 941-355-2593. He's great with tube amps and builds Hurricane Amps (very impressive!.) The other guy is Gary Dahle who is located just off I-75 in an industrial park. His number is 941-379-2077. He is an authorized warranty repair guy for some brands and works on both tube and solid state stuff, whereas, Gary Druin is your tube amp guy. Hope that helps. I know it's a driver from Tpa, but they'll treat you right!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011