Tao Guitars?

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by stealthtastic, Feb 10, 2015.

1. stealthtastic

stealthtastic Supporting Member

Has anyone had the chance to try these? They look great but I haven't seen many at all floating around. Their aesthetic is so...fresh.

2. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Silver Supporting Member

The T-Style one looks great, i didnt care much for the rest.

3. Ogre

Ogre Member

Beautiful and EXPENSIVE. When you get to this level of guitar, you are paying for art as well as function.

4. stealthtastic

They aren't that pricey due to the weak EUR atm. Like $3500-$4000 which is pretty reasonable in terms of boutique guitars --- cheaper than Suhr Modern.

5. Vertigho

Vertigho Silver Supporting Member

Fellow TGP-er Jaya has played (at least) a T-Bucket. I have a Disco Volante incoming (UPS scheduled to deliver by end of day tomorrow) from Brussels. So, I can post my initial impressions in a few days. Build thread of the Disco Volante is here.

6. Jaya

Jaya Supporting Member

Yes, thank you Vertigho.
    I've had a pleasure of meeting Serge and playing exceptionally well built T Bucket. Attention to details, functionality and innovation are first things that come to my mind. Pickups in that one were hot (not everyone's cup of tea). They bild everything from scratch (hardware is beautiful).
    Serge (one half of Tao guitars) is beyond nice guy and he knows thing or two about good beer :)
    Highly recommended.

7. stealthtastic

Thanks guys! Looking forward to your review Vert.

I have an opportunity to purchase one under favorable terms but I told myself I wouldn't buy anything for at least a month.

8. Vertigho

Well, since you are the only one with whom you made this deal, I think you're good-to-go. I'll just pretend I never saw the transcript of your self-promise above. Promise? What promise? Stealth who?

Yep, you're good-to-go, person whose name I cannot remember and actually never knew in the first place. And who, in fact, may not be an actual person but simply an internet 'bot.

9. Vertigho

Hey stealthtastic, I posted my initial impressions (and some photos) in my build thread.

10. splatt

splatt david torn / splattercell Gold Supporting Member

yes, i've played a t-bucket, and a disco volanté.
    they each played incredibly well, and were both absolutely immaculately built:
    amazing, really!

i preferred the sound of the disco volanté, played through the prototype of the fryette æther amp.

and, it's true --- serge is just one of the best dudes of ever.
    he requested to interview me for a feature in "guitar connoisseur"-magazine; i found his questions to be really, really engaging, which was unusually cool.

11. Ogre

Ogre Member

Thanks DT. You are the resident king of cool.