1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Tap Tempo Delay with Mod...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by musickbox, Oct 6, 2006.

1. musickbox

musickbox Supporting Member

Well I am looking to get rid of my DL-4 after I get my next big purchase, a T-Rex Replica. The only thing keeping me from selling the DL-4 is the Delay with modulation. I use that sound 60% of the time. So it's important. I was thinking of getting the DD-20, which does that specific sound very good, but wanted to check other out. Closest thing I found was the memory lane, but you can't tap tempo the modulation and doesn't have long delay times. So I was wondering if there are any other builders that have the pedal I am looking for. I did search past threads, didn't find much except the Boss DD-20. Thanks in advance.

-Yannick

2. chrisr0712

chrisr0712 Member

grab a Echo Park for modulated delay...sounds great (I think)

3. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

The Line 6 Echo Park is supposedly a great delay, many (though not all) prefer it to the DL-4. I love my DD-20 and have never tried the EP, but that's another alternative for you, and you can't go wrong with it

4. musickbox

Heard the echo park is noisy. I might be wrong but, I heard the dl-4 is nicer. I have the dl-4 now. I like it don't get me wrong, but since I got my boss dm-2, I need warmer delays. Also with the Replica, Boss dm-2, and Dl-4, space on my board is quickly gone.

....I need a bigger board. Hahaha.

5. chrisr0712

chrisr0712 Member

Earlier Echo Park's had some noise issues. Mine is dead quiet. Be sure to use their adaptor.

6. Em3m3

Em3m3 Member

From what I've read about the Memory Lane there is only less modulation while in Tap mode.

Another Tap delay with modulation is the Echoluction that's coming out from Pigtronix. Has foot switchable modulation, longer repeat times, and well...just go here: http://www.pigtronix.com/products/Phi.htm

;)

7. musickbox

Yea, I use my godlyke power supply. I will give it a try though, maybe at guitar center or something. My DL-4 is a Keeley modded by the way, forgot to write that. Is the Pigtronix delay out?? I totally forgot about that pedal. It's huge though.

8. musickbox

Anyone else got suggestions?

9. stereotypy

stereotypy Member

yep... you do have modulation with the memory lane in tap tempo mode. but not as much as in mod mode. but still is sweet enough...

but if you're looking for much modulation i think you're better done with a dd-20/dl4/echo park. because the ML can't really get crazy with the modulation.

//and by the way... pigtronix is coming out with the echolution. a hybrid delay pedal, with various tap tempo things, modulation etc... i think that could be a great pedal, too. don't know the release date though...

10. musickbox

yea, I emailed pigtronix about the echolution. I might hold out for that and not get the replica. I use two sounds on my dl-4, delay mod and delaydotted eight note. The other sound is usually slapback, but havent used it since I got my Boss dm-2. So I will wait and see what happens. Thanks for all that replied.

-Yannick