Tap tempo for timeline + nova delay

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Gonash, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Gonash

Gonash Member

Hi guys,

I've been using timeline and nova delay for quite a while and somehow managed without getting them in sync, but times change ;) and I'm looking for a device that can do that. Nova delay is modded to take external tap tempo and change presets.

I know of Selah quartztime and Disaster Area smartclock, but I would love a cheaper solution if possible. Don't need preset change etc. I need tap tempo :). Also - the smaller the better.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks!

2. vatore3rd

vatore3rd Gold Supporting Member

Throne Room makes a tiny tap tempo pedal with one or two outputs for like $40 or less. It is a simple momentary on/off type. I don't know if this type will work with the timeline or nova delays -- you'd have to check the specs. But it certainly is small. I use the Tapestry Audio Time Traveler but it is in the same sort of league as the quartztime, et al.

Enusire and Gonash like this.
  3. Gonash

Gonash Member

Any other ideas? Would timeline recieve non-midi tap tempo signals?

4. kriko71

kriko71 Member

Smart Clock or TNT from Disaster Area. Also Quartz Timer from Selah Effects...

Gonash likes this.
  5. theroan

theroan Member

The Timeline only receives tap tempo via midi or TRS through the expression jack. A lot places make multi output tap tempos that will do what you need. But the TRS element makes it a difficult DIY.

Gonash likes this.