• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Tap tempo takes 4 months to get here. Is this acceptable?

Fendert

I purchased a tap tempo from a very reputable builder around these parts (TGP) in June, and I just received today. I'm pretty put off about it, but is this common for something like this to take that long?

Geosh

I purchased a tap tempo from a very reputable builder around these parts (TGP) in June, and I just received today. I'm pretty put off about it, but is this common for something like this to take that long?
Depends on how busy he was. :huh

Bufferz

unfortunatly common circumstance w/ some builders. Tap tempos are easily obtainable cheaply and quickly from many retailers (in stock ready to ship) ...avoid "this guy" unless you're prepared for a wait

Last edited:

Fendert

unfortunatly common circumstance w/ some builders. Tap tempos are easily obtainable cheaply and quickly from many retailers (in stock ready to ship) ...avoid basement builders unless you're prepared for a wait
The Thing is, this guy is not a basement builder!

civtrx

Very simple build. Depending business, it doesn't take a reputable builder long. I ordered one last week, was built that evening, and shipped to me the next morning.

I would be safe to say 4 months is certainly unacceptable for just a tap tempo pedal.

EricPeterson

Sounds like it is not acceptable to you then, I suggest you find a new builder in the future or buy one that is in stock, there are tons of people who build these things, I cant imagine why you would wait for one unless it was a one of a kind type thing.

78deluxe

Who builds tap tempos that are NOT basement builders?

Even the slightly bigger guys like JHS, google search the address...looks like a basement builder.

The non-basement builder guys....Analogman, Keeley, Barber, etc....they don't build tap tempos.

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
A tap tempo is a simple thing but if its in line behind 100 other orders of varying complexity I can see why it would take long to get through the queue.

theelectic

You can walk into any major music store and get a BOSS FS-5U - I think that's the model number, you want the unlatching one - and be done with no waiting for under $30.

Fendert

Who builds tap tempos that are NOT basement builders?

Even the slightly bigger guys like JHS, google search the address...looks like a basement builder.

The non-basement builder guys....Analogman, Keeley, Barber, etc....they don't build tap tempos.
When you put it like that, maybe he is, but the builder is so well known and popular, I figured It would be a quick and easy build guess I was wrong? :huh

And I'm not trying to start a whole RANT fest here, I was just surprised and was wondering if thats a normal thing.

78deluxe

You can walk into any major music store and get a BOSS FS-5U - I think that's the model number, you want the unlatching one - and be done with no waiting for under $30.
While this is true (I own 2 of them)....most of use don't want that monstrosity on our board when you can get one 1/4 the size for the same price.

78deluxe

When you put it like that, maybe he is, but the builder is so well known and popular, I figured It would be a quick and easy build guess I was wrong? :huh

And I'm not trying to start a whole fest RANT here, I was just surprised and was wondering if thats a normal thing.
Totally agree 4 months is way too long a wait for a tap tempo.

Just trying to get a feel for the "size" of said non-basement builder. I'm guessing this person just put the order to the bottom of the priority pile.

ARC Effects

A tap tempo is a simple thing but if its in line behind 100 other orders of varying complexity I can see why it would take long to get through the queue.
Agreed. It's less about the complexity of the build and more about your place in line and how many orders are ahead of yours. OP - Were you aware of the wait at the time you ordered?

Fendert

Totally agree 4 months is way too long a wait for a tap tempo.

Just trying to get a feel for the "size" of said non-basement builder. I'm guessing this person just put the order to the bottom of the priority pile.
Lesson Learned I guess...

Fendert

Agreed. It's less about the complexity of the build and more about your place in line and how many orders are ahead of yours. OP - Were you aware of the wait at the time you ordered?
Nope Nothing was mentioned, or in writing anywhere.

Bufferz

....or perhaps he builds in batches, and waited 4 months for someone else to order one to start building yours :p

Trending Topics

Top Bottom