Tap Tempo Tremolos?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sus4, Jan 14, 2006.

1. sus4

sus4 Member

What pedals out there do tap tempo tremolo? I've seen the Cusack-modded ZVex (too pricey) and the Line6 (made in China). What else will do this for me? Or should get me a Boss GT-board?

Daniel

2. vooter

vooter Member

Cusack makes his own analog tap-tempo trem. called the Cusack Tap-A-Whirl and it is awesome

3. sus4

sus4 Member

That is nice, but $250 is a little rich for my blood! I was thinking $100 tops!

4. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

so your looking for a non asian made Tap Tempo Trem for under a hundred bucks ?????

(wait for it)

:D

5. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

how silly donner. the line 6 is the best you're gonna get (maybe the only) for anywhere close to 100 bucks.

6. sus4

sus4 Member

Well I prefer to buy American...not that I'm expecting to find something American-made. The Line6 also gets mixed reviews and isn't true bypass...and besides I'd like to have another option or two.

I will break the budget if it's worth it ;)

Daniel

7. justicetones

justicetones Member

Break the budget. It is worth every penny.....
    :horse

8. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

sorry, yes that was a little oversilly:D

B:moon tt.....the Line 6 tap trem is excellent really, and its also a stereo panner AND has an envelop follower,, it speeds up and down by how hard you hit it... sounds leslieish in stereo.....

the Cusack tap trem has huge variety and options and great quality and Jons a really cool guy......

there is however the SIB Treminator, its US Made, and has two adjustable speeds to stomp between - not tap tempo, but priced reasonably....another option:AOK

9. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Another great trem (that is not tap) is the offering by TC Jauernig. Costs ~150 and is an excellent boutique trem for not too much money. It does, however, allow you to switch between two different speeds using your foot.

http://mypeoplepc.com/members/tjauernig/tcjauernigelectronics/id1.html

You're either gonna have to go with the line 6 (which actually is quite a good pedal if you use it on its own power supply, like the line 6 one), or something uber-expensive for tap-trem use. Good luck!