Tapatalk

Discussion in 'Interactive Administrator Threads' started by P8t8r, May 19, 2015.

1. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

The decision to not use 3rd party apps is entirely due to issues with security and database issues caused by them.

You can now hide avatars, you can choose the mobile friendly theme/style (lower left corner) and you can choose how to display user information from your Preferences.

2. toddincharlotte

toddincharlotte Supporting Member

How do I get a "best of" feed like tapatalk had? 20 most active threads....

3. dflipp

dflipp Member

Hey guys!

Sorry for digging such an old thread but, it seemed like the right place to post about this.

Any news on this? I got a new phone and just purchased both Tapatalk and Forum Runner, and I was hoping for some tgp.net on-the-go to happen, but...I got an error message stating the plugin is outdated, or something...

Any news on this? Will any of these apps be supported by tgp.net soon?

I hope so!

Thanks!

4. Blix

Blix Member

Nope, no tapatalk and TGP, the website works fine in a regular browser anyway. :)

5. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

purchased? like paid money for?

those kinds of apps are over.

besides being unnecessary anymore, they're apparently a security risk.

6. dflipp

dflipp Member

Yeah Walter, paid money for them. Actually, it is not the first time I pay for apps. Not usual, but I do it from time to time... There is great stuff out there worth forking $1.99, yeah, for sure. Support the artists and developers! I also still buy CDs too!! Weird, hein? ehehe

Too bad TGP doesn't support either... These things work great with all the easy of use and alerts. It's better than browsing the forum, imo.

Anyway, will still lurk around here, for sure!

Thanks guys, for your replies!

7. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

You missed my point here; I've bought lots of paid apps too, some upwards of $20-30.

My point is that you apparently just bought two apps that are quickly becoming obsolete and will soon be mostly useless. Forums don't support them anymore because their own formats now work just as well on mobile stuff, and more importantly they're a security risk.