Tape Op Con?

Dave Klausner

I just wanted to see if any TGP'ers were going to the Tape Op Convention next week in Tucson. I'll be there, doing a drum workshop in the Pot Luck Studio on Friday morning with Mike Caffrey, so be sure to stop by and say hello.

TAVD

Guitar Player
Platinum Supporting Member
Cool. Ya feel like stopping by the Great River booth and picking up one of those new MP-500NV preamps for me?:drool

Dave Klausner

I don't think Dan will have any ready for sale for a while, but I'll certainly be stopping by and giving them a listen!

TAVD

Guitar Player
Platinum Supporting Member
Yeah, he hinted that he might have some available there. Some proto's maybe, wishful thinking, who knows. I wish I could make it there. I also want to check out Wade's new germanium channel strip. Guess I'll just have to wait like most others.

ford

Modz
Staff member
I'm not going this year but I'm going to make it sometime! I need to remember to preregister next year so I can save money on the registration.

rock

bford

rocketboss

Silver Supporting Member
Whats the skinny on this event? Open to the public? I live about 1.5 hrs from Tucson.

Thanks, Nick

Dave Klausner

Dan says the 500 format preamps are ready to ship. It's the exact same circuit as the rack mounted version. He couldn't squeeze it into a single 500 space, but he was able to do some neat things to get the voltage stepped up to what the circuit needs to operate properly.

zeppo

My wife works for tape op in ad sales, she got back from the conference last night (I had to stay home with the kids, ah well). Conference was great she said but this is the last one that will officially bear the Tape Op name. It became too much for the two main guys at tape op, Larry and John, to maintain with all they have going on (European tape op edition launch being a big one). Craig who was their partner in it will continue on with the conference but under a different name.

h.

Trending Topics