• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Tape OP magazine

jbltwin1

ANYBODY ever gotten any response out of them? I guess this is a stretch being about recording but I signed up with them 5 months ago to get one of their subscriptions and not only have I never received it, nobody EVER answers email. I know, it's a free subscription but it looked interesting and I was really curious to see what they had to say.

They always just show up, but you have to renew every so often.

I'd try again to subscribe. It's an okay read, imo.

ROKY

I've had zero problems with my subscription over 5 years, even with
an address change when I moved .

Great mag .

M

Member 995

It is the only magazine I get. I've never had any issues with them. Maybe post on the Tape Op forum?

wsaraceni

i never heard of this mag before. i just signed up though. guess i need to wait 2 months since i missed the 1st of this month.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Just found out where "Tape Op" comes from (reading "Recording the Beatles" a great book BTW). The Tape Operator was the guy who ran the tape machine, and kept records of where the tracks started and ended, mics and equipment and so on. At EMI it was a job that you then graduated out of to cutting vinyl then to first engineer.

?&!

I've recorded with Larry Crane, the founder/editor of Tape Op. He's a great guy, and he knows his ****. He built a new studio last year, and he's been crazy busy. Send in for a subscription again, it'll come.

jammybastard

"I'm losing my edge, but I was there..."
Gold Supporting Member
If you have trouble getting the mag, or think they missed you just sign up again!
After all it's FREE!

I've been with them since the 3rd issue. Never had a problem, been getting copies regularly for free and have actually thought about paying for the subscription because it's the best mag I get right now and I think they should be supported more.

enocaster

If I recall, you get an email confirmation # when you subscribe. Did you get one? If it went to yer spam folder it was probably auto-deleted by now - they may have needed you to reply. There is a section on their web forum specifically about the mag itself, I'm sure you could get some help there.

In the meantime, I highly recommend the 2 Tape Op books while you wait for your first issue!

jbltwin1

Yup, got the reply. They acknowledged my subscription, still nothing. Signed up in NOVEMEBER. They don't respond to several emails that I sent. Guess they don't freaking care.

jammybastard

"I'm losing my edge, but I was there..."
Gold Supporting Member
Yup, got the reply. They acknowledged my subscription, still nothing. Signed up in NOVEMEBER. They don't respond to several emails that I sent. Guess they don't freaking care.
Dude. Chill. It's not personal. Tape Op is essentially run by one guy.
It's a free mag without a big staff or a customer service department.
You can't expect the same level of service as Rolling Stone.

BTW - Did you check out the forum or read the FAQ before you emailed them?

There's a thread on their forum called "Subscription Problems"
http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewtopic.php?t=27990

Check this as well: http://tapeop.com/faq.html

If none of that works then just sign up again.

jbltwin1

Yeah, I just went in and checked and I DID everything they asked so I just went back and subscribed again. What the he11. It's just wierd that they never answered any of the emails that I sent their subscription dept. If I screwed up and didn't do something right, at least they should have said," hey, dumb a$$, you forgot to do ......". Oh well, we'll see what happens.

meterman

Just got my first issue! Looks cool too, fills the void left by GP, when I got more into recording....I signed up about 5-6 weeks ago and then clicked the link in the email they sent me to confirm the signup, gotta do that....

holyears

Tape OP is a great read indeed... anyone have an extra copy of the issue with T-Bone Burnett (a couple of issues back) they wouldn't mind parting with? I missed it and really want to check it out!

Trending Topics