1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We've added some "new" guys to the moderator crew. All are longtime members that stepped up to the invite to help out by volunteering their time and effort to help the membership experience on TGP stay on the even keel. A special thank you to the 'new' guys that helping out. The new moderators are Mike Duncan, Stormin, ford, Teleplayer, and PurpleJesus A thread on the announcement is here!

Dismiss Notice

Tapestry Audio Bloomery VP - Active

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by k.rock!, May 27, 2015.

1. k.rock!

k.rock! Supporting Member

I just got mine last night and this thing is AWESOME! I have the JHS modded VP Jr to compare it to.

Here's a pic with the stuff I put into my PT Jr (including the Walrus Audio Aetos power supply).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't have a pic of the result yet so you can see the way it looks on the board, but I'll post it tonight.

All I can say is that:

1) The size is perfect. I'm a size 9 shoe. No issues whatsoever. Doesn't feel weird/uncomfortable. The ONLY difference that took me a few minutes to get used to is that the angle is designed to be as if it was flat on the ground (which is a good thing). I'm just used to the VP Jr tilted angle.

2) The buffer is great. Quiet; ho hiss. Compared to the JHS modded VP Jr buffer it does lack a little bit of top end, but it definitely does NOT suck the tone out of the guitar. It does what a good buffer should do.

3) It is quite heavy. It's a pretty solid hunk of steel which looks and feels like a tank. Compared to having the VP Jr on the board, it's not a difference in weight overall.

4) The sweep is super smooth. It tends to bunch up a little towards the end, but that could work great for a scenario where you build up to a comfortable audio level and then just push the last bit to boost things up. Otherwise, it's a matter of getting used to the sweep (again, not too far off from a VP Jr).

5) IT'S REVERSE POLARITY - So if you get it, make sure you use a reversed polarity adapter. Otherwise you'll just fry a diode. Ryan says that he decided to make it this way because of all that metal, he didn't want to shock our feet.

Overall, I'm pretty stoked.

-K

guitar21 and paulo_crunch like this.
  2. aceshigh025

aceshigh025 Member

Just found this thread. Thanks for the input! I'm surprised no one else has talked more about this. I just ordered one to give it a shot. I'm tired of the EB problems with noise, volume and breaking.