Tapestry Audio Bloomery VP - Active

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by k.rock!, May 27, 2015.

1. k.rock!

k.rock! Supporting Member

I just got mine last night and this thing is AWESOME! I have the JHS modded VP Jr to compare it to.

Here's a pic with the stuff I put into my PT Jr (including the Walrus Audio Aetos power supply).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't have a pic of the result yet so you can see the way it looks on the board, but I'll post it tonight.

All I can say is that:

1) The size is perfect. I'm a size 9 shoe. No issues whatsoever. Doesn't feel weird/uncomfortable. The ONLY difference that took me a few minutes to get used to is that the angle is designed to be as if it was flat on the ground (which is a good thing). I'm just used to the VP Jr tilted angle.

2) The buffer is great. Quiet; ho hiss. Compared to the JHS modded VP Jr buffer it does lack a little bit of top end, but it definitely does NOT suck the tone out of the guitar. It does what a good buffer should do.

3) It is quite heavy. It's a pretty solid hunk of steel which looks and feels like a tank. Compared to having the VP Jr on the board, it's not a difference in weight overall.

4) The sweep is super smooth. It tends to bunch up a little towards the end, but that could work great for a scenario where you build up to a comfortable audio level and then just push the last bit to boost things up. Otherwise, it's a matter of getting used to the sweep (again, not too far off from a VP Jr).

5) IT'S REVERSE POLARITY - So if you get it, make sure you use a reversed polarity adapter. Otherwise you'll just fry a diode. Ryan says that he decided to make it this way because of all that metal, he didn't want to shock our feet.

Overall, I'm pretty stoked.

-K

guitar21 and paulo_crunch like this.
  2. aceshigh025

aceshigh025 Member

Just found this thread. Thanks for the input! I'm surprised no one else has talked more about this. I just ordered one to give it a shot. I'm tired of the EB problems with noise, volume and breaking.