Taylor 315ce - opinions?

tenoratlarge

I'm looking at getting into a proper Taylor as I've finally got the budget to do so for the first time in my life. Of course the design I've got in mind is a model that's been recently discontinued (because that's my luck)... I've always loved the jumbo body shape, and I'm curious if there are Taylor Jumbo owners out there who have opinions on the tone as compared to other Taylors out there.

The 315ce seems like its the one in my price range, but I'm having a hell of a time finding one... so if there's anyone out there with a lead on one, I'd love to hear from you as well!

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Good thing about a dscontinued is it will be used.
Acoustic guitar forum classified might yield some results.
Be careful assessing your budget because when you think you can afford a recent 300 series, you might actually discover an older 400.

tenoratlarge

I'd prefer something with the Expression System, so anything jumbo, post-2003, and on the less expensive side would be my target, ha!

Acoustic guitar forum wants $25 to post on their classifieds, and the last post about a 315ce was in early 2013. The odds aren't great there...

guitararmy

I've owned Taylor Jumbo's (still have a rosewood 12-string 855ce).

If you might be playing standing, the jumbo's are pretty big under your right arm.

If you don't find a 315ce you might consider the 316ce:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/316ce

I have a GS7 and it sounds great, and easier to get your arm around!

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
You might consider which is more important: getting a Taylor above a 200 series or getting a proper jumbo.

There are great Taylor 300's and up that are affordable and sound nice and big, even the ubiquitous 314.
There are lots of great Jumbos out there that aren't Taylor. I regret selling my Guild GAD jumbo that I got (equipped with a Fishman Matrix) for around $800 brand new and plek'ed.

Good luck with your search. If you do find a 315ce for sale, at least would won't have to debate whether or not to buy it.

Trending Topics