Taylor 415 Endpin T-Nut?

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by bigroy, Aug 3, 2014.

1. bigroy

bigroy Member

I was getting ready install a new pickup in my recently acquired 415 when I noticed the strap button is not held in place with a screw. There is a t-nut holding it in place. I can't tell if the button is screwed in or not.

I don't want to force it. Any idea the best way to get it off?

2. bigroy

bigroy Member

It's a 3/16 allen fitting. I just couldn't see it with these 65 year old eyes.

3. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

yep; unscrew the big endpin with a hex wrench, push the T-nut out, pickup jack goes right in the hole.

very slick on taylor's part.

4. tamader74

tamader74 Member

I'm lookin' at where your located at,...in about '09 (? or close to that time) I had to sell my 415, and because it went to a IU Student, I cut him a pretty good BIN price (My Family's mostly from the Bloomington area), and he told me he was from nearby and was attending IU instead of going outstate,...

...gotta' take care of the home town crowd,...Man, if you just by weird chance got that one (it was a '05),...you got a good one. Folk's don't realize just how low the production was on the 415, wasn't that many *15 (Jumbo) of any model made really unless it was a 12 string, OR a higher $$$ model. Tom

5. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

now that you mention it, my singer has an old 315 (mahogany back and sides) and yeah, you just don't see that size taylor anymore.