• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Taylor GS Mini Quality?

Adam1578

I’ve got a GS Mini-e and was thinking about upgrading to a 200 series. Is there much of a jump in quality or would they be about the same?

fishman919

Gold Supporting Member
Quality wise I would expect them to be about the same. If you want an upgrade but still need a smaller size I suggest waiting on the recently announced GT model.

rabbuhl

FYI, both made in Mexico so most likely same quality.

The GS Mini-e, 100, and 200 series are made in Mexico. The 300 series and above are made in the USA. The GS Mini, 100, and 200 series are also laminated back and sides. The 300 series and above are solid wood back and sides. The new GT model is also solid wood back and sides.

I've got a 214CE which is a nice guitar but laminated. I recently got a Martin OMC-15ME which has a mahogany top, back, and sides. The 214CE is a good guitar while the OMC-15ME is a great guitar.

There are so many great choices. If you got a GS Mini then look at different body shapes, and so on.

Last edited:

Whitecat

I would go to at least the 300 series at minimum if you can. Otherwise all you’re really changing is the size and shape of the guitar.

300 stuff is a real sweet spot in Taylor’s lineup IMO, esp if you can grab a deal on one.

Last edited:

Tony Done

I've tried a few Taylors, and I have fairly consistently preferred the tone of the 100 and 200 series to the equivalent all-solid models, so I would be trusting my ears, not specs.

Adam1578

I would go to at least the 300 series at minimum if you can. Otherwise all you’re really changing is the size and shape of the guitar.

300 stuff is a real sweet spot in Taylor’s lineup IMO, esp if you can grab a deal on one.
Good to know, thanks I’ll look into getting a 300 series if I can get a deal

T92780

Gold Supporting Member
Whatever this mini Taylor is that hotel provided during my stay, played great, stayed in tune great and resonated great. Had built in tuner, but battery was dead.

Trending Topics