1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

taylor guitars

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Fendershed33, May 20, 2011.

1. Fendershed33

Fendershed33 Member

Is there any american made taylor guitars around $600-$700?

2. janosfia

janosfia Member

3. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Silver Supporting Member

Are there import Taylors now? I thought they were all made in the USofA.

4. LSchefman

LSchefman Member

Taylors make a few of their inexpensive models in Mexico.

I bought a 110 as a backup/knockaround guitar, and it plays well enough, but the sound doesn't even begin to compare to a US made Taylor.

5. Fendershed33

Fendershed33 Member

I am thinking about buying the 110e as a gigging guitar, i originally thought it was an american but ended up being a mexican made. So i wanted to see what else was out there before i purchase the 110e.

6. janosfia

janosfia Member

Yep. Taylor now makes their Baby, Big Baby, GS Mini, 100 and 200 series guitars in Mexico.

I bought a 110 when they first came out. Even though it is made in the USA, it is (obviously) not quite as nice as their higher-end models, so I wouldn't let the fact that they are now made in Mexico dissuade me from getting one. They are still fantastic guitars. In fact, I think that some of the features on the current budget-line MIM Taylors are better than the older USA made models.