• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Taylor T5 and Axe FX?

richb

Anyone out there happen to be playing a Taylor T5 through an Axe Fx unit? I would love to hear (see) how you set up patches for an acoustic tone and an electric tone. I have only recently experimented with an acoustic tone, and it's pretty good, but I'm not having any luck getting a slightly driven electric tone. I play in an acoustic duo, and I want to dress up some of our tunes with the occasional slightly driven guitar sound. (Example: the opening guitar to Tom Petty's "You Wreck Me"). I run from my Ultra straight into my Yamaha board and out our Alto 1 x 12 Speakers. It's close, but not quite right.
I appreciate any ideas.

NeuroLogic

I use a T5 with an Eleven. The results are excellent because the modeling allows you to complete the T5 multiple goals. For eample, the Telecaster sound is completed by using the classic Twin Reverb sound with a compressor. Per each pick up selection you want to choose the amp, effects and EQ that are incorporated into the sound you're looking for. High quality powered monitors are better than most amplifiers for modeling.

richb

Thanks neurologic. Yes, you're correct. Switching p/u's and matching amps is key. I think it's simply a matter time and tweaking, to find the right sound. I'm not sure those Alto Speakers of mine are up to the task, either.

Trending Topics