TB Loop with volume (non-foot) volume control

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by henryjurstin13, Feb 14, 2012.

1. henryjurstin13

henryjurstin13 Member

Basically, I need to make an envelope filter louder.

I've got a Line 6 Tone Core Otto filter & before you go & knock me about getting a better pedal, it's a GREAT filter! I've got an Emma too, but I'm really liking the Otto. The volume drops just a lil bit when it's turned on. What is the most efficient way to increase & level out the effect volume? I don't really need blend options, but that's cool if it's the only option... Don't need EQ either, just need more volume from effect. Not sure if it's even possible to rehouse these guys either, as they aren't like the average stomp.

Been reading & searching... Boss LS-2 looks like it can work, so does the X-Blender (tho' overkill for my needs), and lots of other options to lower/level volume, but none for raising volume. Note - I don't want to drive the pedal any harder, just raise the (clean) volume to match.

Suggestions? Advice? Thanks!

2. Ken_G

Ken_G Member

Just a thought, but maybe a compressor placed after your filter in a TB loop could work? I like the Barber Tone Press after my wah just set up to smooth things out a bit. With the Tone Press volume set pretty much neutral, there's still plenty of room on the knob if I wanted to bump things up a bit.

3. robcollins

robcollins Member

4. henryjurstin13

henryjurstin13 Member

The Lehle Parallel L looks very nice, but kinda pricey.... and yes, I get that I could use a comp or other boost within the loop too.... But, what I really want to know...

Why is it so hard to increase volume on a loop? I see that the blend knobs are pretty common/useful & that's great, but what about adding an overall volume knob in the mix?

I'd like to see something MXR sized with 2 knobs: Blend & Vol. Does this exist & doesn't cost as much or more than the effects to begin with? (because as a side note, even though I like some of my cheaper effects, I'd have a hard time throwing down multiple bills just to even out the volume)

5. robcollins

robcollins Member

I won't tell you what this cost then !

[​IMG]

6. tlpruitt

tlpruitt Member

Its not hard. If you want to increase the volume in a loop then you need some kind of boost circuit which would involve a transistor or an opamp and would essentially be similar to one of the circuits in the many existing boost pedals that are available. I believe there are a few loop pedals that do this but is not much different than just putting a clean boost pedal in the loop.