1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

TC "Analog w/ mod" style delay - what else is out there?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by musicbliss, Feb 11, 2019.

1. musicbliss

musicbliss Supporting Member

I really dig my TC Flashback x4's "Analog w/ mod style delay". To me, it is tuned really well with a nice hall reverb after it and reminds of Bill Frisell's cool ethereal delay tones.

Wondering if there are other delays that capture that vibe, but perhaps a slightly different flavor? Not looking to replace the TC so don't need any "if you like the TC just play the TC" remarks, but as a delay nut just curious what else is out there. I also have an el cap which I dig, but actually like the TC better for my needs because it is so easy to dial in and get a great sound.

2. prototype

prototype Member

isn't it TCs model of the deluxe memory man?

musicbliss likes this.
  3. skyline

skyline Member

Line6 Echo Park, in analog mode with the vibrato modulation.

Diamond Memory Lane jr.

Skreddy Echo. All three all vibe and atmosphere.

4. HHKeegan

HHKeegan Member

Obviously the DMM (DMM1100tt is my personal favorite delay, i think).

The Way Huge Supa Puss is similar to a DMM in terms of sound to my ear --but has a tone control that is really useful and can give your really good vibey modulation. Also a trails feature if youre into that.

musicbliss likes this.
  5. Tabor

Tabor Supporting Member

Frisell has used the DL4 for a long time now... he used to use a TC HOF reverb but I think he has a Flint these days... so, yeah, a DL4 or Echo Park might be worth a look. Both have an "Analog with Mod" setting.

The Ibanez Echo Shifter and Subdecay Echobox are a few other options for DMM-adjacent sounds.

musicbliss likes this.
  6. Ramblin390

Ramblin390 Member

Dod rubberneck

musicbliss likes this.
  7. OotMagroot

OotMagroot Supporting Member

DD-7 for modulated digital.

monty and musicbliss like this.
  8. Buck Woodson

Buck Woodson Supporting Member

I love the FlashbackX4 as a delay as well as a looper. Has anyone figured out any way to save loops? My only complaint.

musicbliss likes this.
  9. Ramblin390

Ramblin390 Member

I have the rubberneck and the x4, rubberneck sounds a bit better, but can't beat the alter ego or x4 for flexibility.

musicbliss likes this.
  10. Kluch

Kluch Member

Nemesis has some great analog sounding delay engines. Their stock analog engine (on the face of the pedal) is modeled after the DMM, so add some modulation and you should be set :D

musicbliss likes this.
  11. mikeyfam

mikeyfam Supporting Member

Tons of analog delays with modulation out there. Dig in and see what you like. Chase Bliss Thermae or RMK are top for me.

musicbliss likes this.