TC Elec: any X4 reverb rumors?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Bucksears, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Bucksears

Bucksears Silver Supporting Member

Considering the T2 again (out of stock at PGS right now), but still hoping they'll bring something larger to the table (i.e. with presets).

Any rumblings of anything like this?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  2. TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal Member

Please tc build a slate like or h9 like pedal...you will rule the world

3. DoctorBray

DoctorBray Member

Just a heads up for OP, the T2 is in stock on Guitar Center's website @ $99.99

4. Bucksears

Bucksears Silver Supporting Member

Thanks - for some reason, thought it was a PGS exclusive.

5. axm.88

axm.88 Member

In terms of products, I think they should turn a nova dynamics into a toneprint pedal.

6. lux_interior

lux_interior Member

Perhaps an even better idea would be for them to make an analog drive pedal like the very good TC Nova Drive & use its digital brain for control over many parameters/values of the components & maybe also their order in the circuit, thus allowing changes in gain structure, harmonics, response etc... and also include different modes, presets and toneprints for it, while still remaining analog. They could start from including separate overdrive and distortion parts like the Nova Drive. But something tells me this will be neither small nor cheap. Surely a very intriguing development, though.

7. RockStarNick

RockStarNick Supporting Member

I still think they should make a Flashback X2. I know it seems redundant, but... they already have the form for the casing (the Ditto X2), And then you could get a nice Flashback with a built in tap tempo, in a more compact housing than the X4.

They've got all the "parts" to put it together (2-button casing, guts of standard flashback)... would be a win, in my book.

8. minty901

minty901 Member

They need to redesign those X2 and X4 casings. Too bulky and ugly when placed next to any other pedal on a board. If they could slim the X4 down to the size of a Timeline then that would be a hell of an improvement. Problem is they look like normal pedals that have been stretched out, rather than a new design to suit a larger form. Then again I said that of the iPad and look how that took off.

9. lux_interior

lux_interior Member

The Timeline has the ideal size for the necessary placement of three footswitches, not four. Similarly, the X4 and X2 are just ideal for the number of footswitches they carry. Any closer & things start to get awkward, especially on a usually dark stage where you need to engage them easily and in a hurry without worrying about how good your aim & the dexterity of your toe are to avoid stepping on other knobs or footswitches.

This has been repeatedly mentioned in past threads about the X4. Personally, I see awkward footswitch & knob placements all the time (also in many of TGP's darlings), and it's one of the things I find the most annoying. It also raises questions about how a pedal builder allows his signature on such an obviously amateur-ish & ergonomically poor design.

10. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

I'm with you.

I have avoided a lot of cool sounding pedals (mostly booteek) only because of that awkward layout they seem to use and abuse.
    I guess those pedals are meant to be on a table top setup or in a true bypass looper or only in your bedroom, who knows... but definitely not in a gig.