• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

TC Electronic Dark Matter and MojoMojo?

thecornman

I have been seeing the TC Electronic Dark Matter and MojoMojo all over the place going for really low prices! Why are they going for so cheap? Discontinued? Those of you that own either what are your thoughts on them?

johnh

The Dark Matter is an excellent MIAB pedal. It cleans up well, sounds good at low or high gain, and is very versatile. I didn't like the Mojo Mojo - too dark for me.

RisuHakusuri

In this video they say it's because they haven't sold as well as they would have liked, so they are trying a new business model.

topo morto

Yep, discontinued.

Nothing wrong with the Dark Matter as a MIAB, apart from the fact that the name 'Dark Matter' doesn't scream 'MIAB'.

thecornman

Okay thanks for the info everyone! At the price they are going for now I am going to give at least one of them a try for myself. Probably the MojoMojo as I already have multiple MIAB.

Atdi2000

Yep, discontinued.

Nothing wrong with the Dark Matter as a MIAB, apart from the fact that the name 'Dark Matter' doesn't scream 'MIAB'.
As explained in the Andertons video one post up from yours they are not discontinued, just repriced. I have to agree with you that they really dropped the ball in the branding of these pedals, Dark Matter screams metal type sound not just Miab.

topo morto

So they are positioning themselves just below mooer in the market? Interesting. Hope the same thing happens to their toneprint pedals!

Heinz57Pep

I've owned both. Moved the DM along, kept the MM and will hold onto it until the bitter end. Just fuller sounding overall.

thecornman

Since I posted this thread I have picked up both of these pedals! I think they are both top notch. They are both amp like, touch senstive, clean up well with volume on guitar, quite transparent, retain bass and cut through well in the band mix. One of the best bang for the dollars at the 50 US they are going for now. They also work great together on a board to cover lots of needs. Great investment and I am very happy I grabbed them.

Heinz57Pep

Since I posted this thread I have picked up both of these pedals! I think they are both top notch. They are both amp like, touch senstive, clean up well with volume on guitar, quite transparent, retain bass and cut through well in the band mix. One of the best bang for the dollars at the 50 US they are going for now. They also work great together on a board to cover lots of needs. Great investment and I am very happy I grabbed them.
Good call! For $50 each, why choose when you can have both?

TCE makes great kit, and these two are a no-brainer for the price.

I own both and both are on my board. They are great pedals. Versatile, rock solid, cover a lot of tones, and transparent sounding.

Great price, all analog, true bypass, usable EQ. What's not to like? Not boutique but who gives a hoot!

I don't get why all the hate on this site for these pedals. o_O

stilwel

Silver Supporting Member
I've owned the Mojo and thought it was a good low gain drive on the darker side. Never owned a Dark Matter, but after seeing this video I'm tempted.

fretless

Silver Supporting Member
I've had a Dark Matter for 6 months or so. Agree that it is in the MIAB camp. It's excellent at that and a tremendous value. No brainer. Highly recommended for nailing those tones for low bucks.

Trending Topics