1. The target date for the upgrade is this Tuesday, August 11, 2020. We expect a few hours of downtime during that process. We will post on Twitter and Facebook to keep everyone updated on the progress.
    Dismiss Notice

TC Electronic Flashback 2 X4

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by The Holy Drinker, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Ramblin390

Ramblin390 Member

I have the original flashback and the alter ego x4, I may be crazy, but I don't like what I'm hearing in the flashback 2 clips

2. Hugh_s

Hugh_s Member

You can fully control the mod on the v1 in the toneprint app, so there isn’t any reason to suspect this one doesn’t do the same.

I use an expression pedal that controls repeats and the tap tempo button so I also have two free knobs I can assign however I want; three if I also consider the level knob I never change. It’s pretty flexible - the size is annoying when I put it on my board, but the foot switches are nicely spaced. Even still, I still frequently accidentally engage one of the other two delays when turning the B preset on or off, but I’m clumsy sometimes and don’t often pay close attention there.

3. The Holy Drinker

The Holy Drinker Member

I've been very curious about this pedal. I've had it for a month now and I can say that it sounds really nice. It is big, yeah, but it has 4 switches. My favorite modes are Tape, Dynamic, and Reverse. I don't know how many people know this but it keeps the trails when changing presets! Things I'm not a fan of are the Analog mode and the lack of multi tap/rhythmic delay. The TonePrint editor is great for creating more interesting sounds. I will share my TonePrints when I have them ready.
    Here is a video I made with it:

jibreel and Michigan guitar like this.
  4. Ramblin390

Ramblin390 Member

Try the analog toneprint from Syu, it's very good.

The Holy Drinker likes this.
  5. The Holy Drinker

The Holy Drinker Member

I'll check that out thanks!

6. Ramblin390

Ramblin390 Member

7. The Holy Drinker

The Holy Drinker Member

This can create granular loops. I also included this in my demo but thought it deserved its own video.

8. Buck Woodson

Buck Woodson Supporting Member

Cool. Can you get artifacts of A, B, and C going onat the same time?

The Holy Drinker likes this.
  9. The Holy Drinker

The Holy Drinker Member

Two can go on at the same time. If a third preset is activated, the trails of the first one is lost.

Buck Woodson likes this.
  10. Buck Woodson

Buck Woodson Supporting Member

So will this only work with the FlashbackX4 2 and not the original FlashbackX4 (and Alter Ego X4)?

11. The Holy Drinker

The Holy Drinker Member

I’m not sure but it would be nice if someone who owned one of those can confirm it.