1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

TC Electronic Introduces G-Sharp Dual-Engine Processor

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by aleclee, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Jumblefingers

Jumblefingers Supporting Member

This looks V E R Y cool and well designed (I don't work with/for them)
    Excellent selection of effects + reverb
    Effects, Delays & Reverbs designed for Guitar
    Built in power (no wall wart)
    Font panel access to all knobs.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/Default.asp?Id=7287

Check out the left side links for list of...

Reverbs: Vintage Spring, Surf’n’Turf, Classic Spring, Plain Spring, Tin Plate, Gold Plate, Silver Plate, Ambience, Guitar Box, Small Room, Living Room, Tiled Room, Round Room, TC Hall, Grand Reverb

Delays: Delay, Soft Delay, Tape Delay, Lo-Fi Delay, Dynamic Delay, PingPong Delay, Slapback Delay

Effects: Vintage Phaser, Smooth Phaser, Swell Tremolo, Hard Tremolo, Vibrato, Flange, Lush Chorus, Soft Chorus

2. LouRossi

LouRossi Member

Yeah, this looks good. The only question is how is the reverb going to sound.

3. Tore UA

Tore UA Member

I work for TC, so I'm of course biased, but in my opinion G-Sharp is quite simply outstanding value for money...

4. Eric Pykala

Eric Pykala Member

Am I missing something, or is this just a repackaged M300?-Eric

5. Jumblefingers

Jumblefingers Supporting Member

No, differnent effects than a M-300. I *used* to work *with* TC and did reverb presets for the M-2000, 3000, 5000, 6000 etc. IMO their reverb algs are the best around barring convolution plug-in (a different kettle of fish).

Only listening will be the test but I would guess they will be pretty good if past experience is any judge. Looks like a quality peice of gear for $349 list! Should sell for $290 street and it's a lot of kit for the $$.

Now they just need to squeze it into a pedal....

6. MattT

MattT Member

Wow this looks really cool...I'd also like it if they made it into a pedal as well, but still, looks like great value.

7. ccoker

ccoker Supporting Member

does it do a full A>D conversion or does the dry signal remain analog?

8. Tore UA

Tore UA Member

@ ccoker: full a>d conversion.

Although there are obvious similarities, the G-Sharp is far from a repackaged M300. To name a few of the differences: The algorithms are different and are specifically tuned for guitar. There's also delay spillover and tap tempo from a pedal.

We'll release an optional analog pedal specifically made for controlling the G-Sharp, which will make it (almost) like controlling a regular stopmbox.

9. ccoker

ccoker Supporting Member

does the dry signal remain analog?