TC Electronic Mini Pedals

vadsy

Silver Supporting Member
The mini pedals have that neat 'beam a setting in from my phone' feature, pretty cool. Why can't they just do a Bluetooth sort of connection? Is it that much more stuff to cram inside in order to receive?

broken_sound

Nerd
Gold Supporting Member
It's much easier and cheaper to program the function to receive the command into the DSP than to incorporate a bluetooth receiver/transmitter.

Edit: Additionally you would have to pair the device and then go into the toneprint app to select the update. Leaving the toneprint app as a one-stop-shop is more intuitive.

MattLeFevers

TC's TonePrint line has also been around for a while, whereas I didn't start seeing pedals incorporate Bluetooth in any capacity whatsoever until like, this year. In addition to the reasons cited above, it could be that Bluetooth-to-pedal beaming was just not even a thing yet when the TonePrint stuff launched.

OotMagroot

Silver Supporting Member
I don't really know much behind TC's 'beam' technology, but I simply don't see how it could be cheaper than Bluetooth. But what do I know? I do love TC's toneprint technology. I have 3 TC minis on my all-mini board.

Ugly Bunny

My only concern with the mini pedals is how they adjust the toneprints' controls for fewer knobs. I still don't get how the Dreamscape (with three control knobs) can use Corona toneprints when the Corona has 4 knobs.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom