TC Electronic Nova Delay is the best...

earwax

Bought a brand new Nova Delay today. Should arrive tomorrow.

Tonight, I'm not sure if I've bought wisely.

Should I have gone for a Flashback/Triple?

I wanted pristine, chiming, repeats.
I wanted more than 3 presents.
I didn't want any MASH switches.
I didn't want any Toneprints through a computer.

But I'm a little concerned tonight after reading about the A/D conversion.

... and if it will stack well with a Carbon Copy.

you’ve bought the right pedal for that sound. The Nova has the pristine sound and a bounce to the repeats I haven’t found anywhere else. It’s very nice in stereo(I am guessing better than the DD200 if it’s anything like the 500). I had a Flashback for a bit and didn’t like using the app at all. So much nicer to have screen with bpm/ms with all the controls in the pedal.

MIM#1

VOX Delaylab for me. Option to set it for analog through bypass,expression pedal out, three presets and sounds great! If it said KORG instead of VOX these would be much more in demand. [although it IS a stripped down,bare bones KORG SDD-3000]. I've got mine set for slapback, dotted 8ths and found a reverb that I actually prefer to my mono WET.
DSCN2274.JPG

earwax

VOX Delaylab for me. Option to set it for analog through bypass,expression pedal out, three presets and sounds great! If it said KORG instead of VOX these would be much more in demand. [although it IS a stripped down,bare bones KORG SDD-3000]. I've got mine set for slapback, dotted 8ths and found a reverb that I actually prefer to my mono WET. View attachment 265573

To be fair the Korg didn’t really sell that well either although as you say prices are picking up.

I like your customized look there! Improvement on the original like those sexy Black DD20’s I see people have done as well.

Zoo Bahnhof

I had a Flashback for a bit and didn’t like using the app at all. So much nicer to have screen with bpm/ms with all the controls in the pedal.
With a guitar on my lap, I'll sit and twiddle knobs on a pedal for hours on end, but the idea of doing it on a computer screen? I'm not interested.
I saw a guy on YouTube refer to this. He had spend a lot of time creating music through his computer and then one day he thought; "What the F*ck am I doing sitting in front of a computer screen?!?!"

VOX Delaylab for me. Option to set it for analog through bypass,expression pedal out, three presets and sounds great! If it said KORG instead of VOX these would be much more in demand. [although it IS a stripped down,bare bones KORG SDD-3000]. I've got mine set for slapback, dotted 8ths and found a reverb that I actually prefer to my mono WET.
It's not what I was seeking at the moment, but I saw a Delaylab for sale and checked it out on YouTube. I have to say, it's sounds absolutely inspirational for atmospheric/moody music.

joe*w

First impressions of the Nova?
It clearly has it's idiosyncrasies; which I'll need to familiarise myself with in the coming days; but I'm fairly happy with it.

I'd love to see them release that 2290 pedal.
I've been waiting for further announcements in that, but have not heard a thing from TC this year.
I was getting impatient and so I bought the Nova.
I would imagine the Coronavirus situation has delayed the 2290 pedal even more.

You probably noticed this, but make sure to calibrate it. Makes a big difference.

The Nova Delay is has a great layout and time division selection. It’s one of my favorite delays for sure.

Mark Hamburg

The Nova Delay is my favorite delay because of the ease of use in manual mode and because it sounds great. I own three. One still wrapped in plastic that I got when I thought I would be building multiple pedal boards.

The color control is more an approximation to analog or tape and my second favorite delay is the Carbon Copy — followed by the El Capistan — but being able to decide how I want the pedal to respond rhythmically etc and then adjust the color absolutely rocks. (I wish TC would do a version of the Ditto with a color knob.)

Maybe the ranges on the knobs aren’t perfectly distributed for easy control, but I don’t find myself fighting it.

Maybe the digitization is an issue and I have been avoiding digital pretty heavily elsewhere in my rig, but I really only worry about the effects of a single stage of digital if I were to build a wet/dry/wet rig and not run it 100% wet. A Wetter Box would also fix this but it would be a few hundred dollars and some extra board space.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom