TC Electronic Nova pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bobbyatomic, Feb 11, 2012.

1. bobbyatomic

bobbyatomic Member

I've been looking around for a stereo delay, I was interested in the timeline, but after watching a load of youtube vids I've decided it does a whole lot more than I'm ever going to need. So after looking around for a bit more I started watching Nova delay vids and it seems like a really good pedal, especially the new modified version.
    If anyone could let me know their experiences with it, good or bad I'd be very greatful.
    Also if anyone has owned the Nova reverb, I'd be interested to hear what you thought of that and how it compares to the Neunaber wet?

2. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

i have the nova delay, its a decent, solid pedal, does what it does, and it does it well. as for which is better, stock or iB modified, they both cost the same new so go with whatever really.

3. groovington

groovington Member

Check out the Nova Repeater. Basically the same as the Delay, but without the ability to save a bunch of presets. If you can live without that, you can save a bunch of money.

4. cookedbutok

cookedbutok Member

:agree

5. bigdaddystinkeye

bigdaddystinkeye Member

Agreed. I bought the Nova Delay before the Repeater came out. If I were to it over again now, I would get the Repeater. I only paid $50 more for the Delay so I don't feel too bad, though.

6. Godspeed64

Godspeed64 Member

Repeater is a better pedal in terms of tonality (functionality ND is better due to presets, and stereo inputs; Repeater has a line level input).

The Repeater has a vibrato modulation which sounds much better than the chorus modulation that the ND's mod is based on. Also the reverse and dynamic mode thresholds are better on the Repeater (although Flashback is better in these 2 departments).

7. empressTIM

empressTIM Member

I own the standard NovaDelay, and love it. I'm not tempted by the Repeater at all...presets plus ms/BPM readout...you can even set the delay to 0 and use it as a decent chorus!

8. Tbone135

Tbone135 Member

I've had the Nova Delay (ND-1) and have the Repeater now. For my needs, the Repeater is better. I didn't really need presets and the Repeater does warmer and more modulated delays. If you like cleaner delays, then the ND-1 is your trick.

9. bobbyatomic

bobbyatomic Member

I did look at the Repeater, but I need stereo ins, so I had to count it out

Has anyone used the Nova reverb? I didn't even know they did a reverb, should I take the fact that no one ever talks about it to mean that it's not worth talking about?

10. Godspeed64

Godspeed64 Member

The Hall of Fame has updated algorithms compared to the Nova Reverb bro

11. mattyj

mattyj Member

yeah. The Repeater's Vibrato modulation is just dead-sexy. Totally worth it.