TC Electronic Nova System, what can I expect?

guitarnut_1

Just pulled the trigger on one of these and have actually never been a digital FX ot multi FX guy. Usually play just a single TS9 pedal through some kind of Fender tube amp with reverb for both clean and overdriven sounds.....

I really like a chorus for cleans and already have a tube reverb on my Fender BD.

Is the drive of good quality on the Nova System? Comparable to a good overdrive pedal? (OCD, Xotic... whatever)

I will be using mainly

- Drive
- Occasionally Flanger or Chorus

The price was just a steal, so I can sell it and even make some coin if I wanted to.

guitarnut_1

anyone? I may end up selling this.... I really only need a good OD pedal or possibly a new amp altogether. I like old school knobs and not programs that I have to tweak.

SL_22

anyone? I may end up selling this.... I really only need a good OD pedal or possibly a new amp altogether. I like old school knobs and not programs that I have to tweak.
I recently got a g system. the nova effects are probably the same ones. Same high quality- just fewer options.
Like you, I prefer not to spend a lot of time tweaking. Initially, I thought this thing was extremely complicated to work. But after spending a few hours with it, it's not. there are so many sounds available in these units. The nova system is likely even more simple to dial in & create presets with.
Dedicate a few hours to it and you may come to enjoy it.

Last edited:

guitarnut_1

I recently got a g system. the nova effects are probably the same ones. Same high quality- just fewer options.
Like you, I prefer not to spend a lot of time tweaking. Initially, I thought this thing was extremely complicated to work. But after spending a few hours with it, it's not. there are so many sounds available in these units. The nova system is likely even more simple to dial in & create presets with.
Dedicate a few hours to it and you may come to enjoy it.

Is the drive on the G system analog like on the Nova System? And yes, the Nova System is supposedly just a stripped version of the G system.... so the effects should be the same. I may keep this as it really cost me as much or even less than a single TC Nova effect (a delay, drive, reverb and so no...) And if I get a Marshall style amp without a reverb, I will need the reverb 100%.

I also had a TC Nova Delay awhile back and it was a high quality unit. I just prefer reverb thou.

jota

I've been using mine for 6 years now.
The drive is good. Not fantastic but good enough.
Don't really care for the chorus but the detune effect makes a good chorus.
For the way I use it in my band it's perfect but for playing around the house or my rock/blues stuff I prefer a fuzz, dual od and Flashback delay.

gtrmaestro

Best tones I found on there was downloading the Pete Thorn presets. You'll need a DAW and a midi cable to do it but it's worth it if you're gonna keep it.

Actually thought about getting another one just to do that again. If you're playing modern rock or praise and worship stuff the Nova System is great.

SL_22

Is the drive on the G system analog like on the Nova System? And yes, the Nova System is supposedly just a stripped version of the G system.... so the effects should be the same. I may keep this as it really cost me as much or even less than a single TC Nova effect (a delay, drive, reverb and so no...) And if I get a Marshall style amp without a reverb, I will need the reverb 100%.

I also had a TC Nova Delay awhile back and it was a high quality unit. I just prefer reverb thou.
the nova drive isn't on the g system. it's just effects only. your point on the cost of individual effects vs the multi effects units played a part in my decision to keep the g system.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom