TC Electronic Nova System

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wilerty, Mar 25, 2008.

1. wilerty

wilerty Member

I have used various pedals in the past, as well as an ME-50 and GT-8. Right now I only use a Boss DD20 and RV5 and am pretty happy with just reverb and delay. Once in a while I do like a phaser, or other effects, and am considering this new "mini" processor from TC Electronic.

I don't need modelling, but it does seem to cover just about everything else. I have tried some other Nova products, which were very impressive. Has anyone tried one of these yet? I think they very recently became available.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/NovaSystem

2. rickenbackerkid

rickenbackerkid Member

A few of us (including me) have them on order, but I don't think any of us had received ours yet. We will post review when it turns up.

3. Gigbag

Gigbag Member

I think it looks very interesting. It appears to allow you to run the OD in front of the amp and the time based FX in the loop at the same time. If not, I would not be interested.

The sound in the video demo was not that great -- it almost sounded like it was recorded direct. Plus delay in front of an amp can be problematic. It's hard to get optimum sound at a trade show.

So, what is the street price?

I just looked and the price seems to be $699 everywhere.

4. IvIark

IvIark Member

There's no loop unfortunately. That was a deal breaker for me

5. wilerty

wilerty Member

The video demo at the show doesn't sound that good. But the ones for the G System are spectacular. Try these ... especially the one titled "Listen to the effects" ...
    http://www.tcelectronic.com/Default.asp?Id=11305

The Nova System doesn't have what the G System has, and I don't really need 90% of them. But the Nova System is $699 and the G System is $1,499.