tc Electronic Nova System

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by stratman0602, Jun 4, 2008.

1. stratman0602

stratman0602 Member

I just received my Nova System the other day and haven't had much time to play with it yet. I've looked at the manual and it did not answer two simple questions:

1. How to switch between Pedal Mode & Preset Mode? My guess is to hold down one of the Preset buttons for a few seconds... what's the deal?

2. There are 20 banks with 3 presets per bank. Are any of the presets already programmed with blocks of effects or are all of the 60 presets 'blank' for user programming only.

These seem like basic questions that should have been answered in the manual. :(

2. rickenbackerkid

rickenbackerkid Member

1. It's in the menu. Under utility I think, although I can't remember exactly.

2. There are 10 factory banks preloaded with sounds. The other 20 are empty for you to use for your own patches.

And yes, the manual is pretty bad . . .
    Cool unit once you get you head around it, I really like mine.

3. mcdyas

mcdyas Supporting Member

The manual is lacking. Switching between pedal and preset mode is obviously of great interest yet the instructions for that are buried on page 18 under Utility/Footswitch.

My main complaint is this: when you buy a piece of gear shouldn't you be able to plug in, turn it on and have it make noise by default. If yours does then mine is DOA.

4. stratman0602

stratman0602 Member

Mine does ... so I think your's is DOA

5. mcdyas

mcdyas Supporting Member

I was trying to get instant gratification with it when I came home for lunch with my new NOVA but it would not make any sound. I read the manual all afternoon and now can confirm that I got a brand new unit that is DOA.