• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

TC Electronic Polytune Clip-on on sale @ Sweetwater

Slow Graffiti

Silver Supporting Member
Noir (black) Unitune is currently $9.99;
White Unitune is $15.99.

Both originally $29.

Noir listing says 9 days left on the sale. When you switch to the white, there is no indication of the length of the sale.

OotMagroot

Silver Supporting Member
Well, that's good. I'm glad mine was just a fluke. Enjoy!

I just tried the tuner and it works really well, IMO. Best of the clip-ons I've had fer sure.

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
I already had one and bought three more. Why? "Why not?" is the best answer I can come up with. I figure I can just leave one on my bass, leave one on my main acoustic. Leave one as a floater and one to keep in the box in case one of the other ones ever die. So far all three new ones are in the box and may end up staying that way for the forseeable future. I'm shocked they still have any in stock. They've gone out of stock before because even the regular price is pretty dang good for this thing.

ED_P

Silver Supporting Member
I just received mine. No wonder it was so cheap - no battery was included (even though the documentation shows that a battery SHOULD be included). It was probably just a fluke. Fortunately, I just happened to have an extra CR2032 battery lying around.

Mine came with a battery (in the small coin sized slot in the black packaging) but the battery was DOA, so don't feel bad.

Based on the graying of the white packaging material, I am guessing these have sat on a shelf for a few years and someone just decided "Let's get rid of them on Black Friday".

OotMagroot

Silver Supporting Member
Mine came with a battery (in the small coin sized slot in the black packaging) but the battery was DOA, so don't feel bad.

Based on the graying of the white packaging material, I am guessing these have sat on a shelf for a few years and someone just decided "Let's get rid of them on Black Friday".

Yep, my packaging was definitely aged, so I agree.

Steve Y.

Supporting Member
Dang, wish I had seen the noir version for $9.99. Just picked up the standard one for $15.99 though. Pretty good deal and I could use another clip on tuner.

Qstick333

Silver Supporting Member
IS there a difference between unitune and polytune? I've used a snark as a clip-on away from my pedalboard for a few years. I'm out of touch :)

Lef T

IS there a difference between unitune and polytune? I've used a snark as a clip-on away from my pedalboard for a few years. I'm out of touch :)

With a Unitune you can tune one string at a time.
A Polytune shows all six strings at once.
I've never found the Polytune useful,so the Unitune is my tuner of choice.

Lef T

Anyone know how long the batteries usually last in these?

My battery in my Unitune was good for over 6 months for sure.
After it died,the Unitune would only work for one day with a new battery.
After trying a second battery,same thing.
I turfed the Unitune.
I've just bought two more on the sale.
Let's hope they hold up longer.
They're an excellent tuner.

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member

Same here. I never use the Polytune feature on my Polytune, so the Unitune tuners make total sense for me.
I just bought 3 of them in the current sale. Can't even say why other than they were dirt cheap.

Qstick333

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks. Not sure I’m smart enough to handle 6 at a time.

guitarchitect

Gold Supporting Member
I picked up two of the black ones a week or so ago. Batteries were fine. I already had a white one from a while back which I think I paid $20 for on a previous sale.

I had forgotten these have a pseudo strobe mode. It works better for me for some reason. These are really nice clip-ons and super sturdy with the metal clip. I have a few Snarks too, which I always liked the display on, but they inevitable break at the ball-joint that supports the little arm.

I really appreciate the heads-up from the OP on this sale!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom