TC Electronic TCF Gold: One chorus too many.

MrFigg

I'd Report you .... but.... I suppose you're already suffering enough, ooof!
Don’t know what to tell you man.
Would it help to know it’s favourite equal to Asbestos Lead Asbestos by World Domination Enterprises? Also fine 80s music :).

flyonthewall150

Silver Supporting Member
I believe TC is still using that stupid footswitch that doesn’t activate till you lift up your foot and not when you press it. To me that’s a deterrent.

JaredN

Of the three I own the dimension is my favourite, followed by the whammy and then the MXR. I like that swirly Cocteau Twins chorus effect that the dimension pedals do. I always felt the MXR was very subtle so if the TC is even more subtle then I don’t know. 80s pop is never dated by the way :). Bette Davies Eyes is my favourite song ever.

For some reason, I've always had an awful need deep inside my soul to hear two songs covered. One of those is Bette Davis Eyes covered by Bob Dylan. I wish I could explain why. Great song. Would never go to a Dylan concert.

PhuzzphayzZ

Don’t know what to tell you man.
Would it help to know it’s favourite equal to Asbestos Lead Asbestos by World Domination Enterprises? Also fine 80s music :).
there's not even a guitar solo in BDE!!!!! lol- I'll call your bluff and raise you:

AAAAAAND!!!!!!!-

diego

I have a fond memory of going to a Nordstrom's to buy a girlfriend a birthday present in the eighties. She tried lots of stuff on and it was fun.

I do not exaggerate in saying that every song featured what sounded like a Stratocaster into a Roland JC-120 with the chorus engaged.

So much so that I asked who programmed the music, and was told that they do it in house at the corporate HQ.

So if you want to stimulate the economy in a particular way, I urge you to go for more chorus.

PhuzzphayzZ

You ever heard the original?

Now you tell me Kim didn’t make it her own.

ok... lol... yea, you learn something new every day... ok, you're right, but, KimCarnes or TheProducer?

we just played Margaritaville-as-DontFearReaper... it .... worked,lol

pick a Sabs song and sing NoHuggyNoKissy over it lol

Bill Dennis

Silver Supporting Member
Forgot about this chorus (TC Electronic TCF) until I saw it in a picture posted in another thread. I've got and MXR Analog Chorus as well as the TC 3d Dimension. In addition my Whammy DT does a pretty good chorus as well. Now, I'm not really a flanger man myself...chorus and phasers all the way. I do however love TC Electronic pedals and am wondering whether given the chorus options I've already got if anyone can convince me either way on this one. Thanks :)
The WHammy DT is there for other reasons. ITs out. The TC is kind of a different thing. If I had to dump one, it would be the MXR. That said, the MXR is damn good. I would be more inclined to keep them all and spend my money elsewhere

MrFigg

For some reason, I've always had an awful need deep inside my soul to hear two songs covered. One of those is Bette Davis Eyes covered by Bob Dylan. I wish I could explain why. Great song. Would never go to a Dylan concert.
I think he could actually pull it off.

Jack Luminous

The original sounds better in my opinion. I have one. People don't like the AC cord on the old ones and want to use their pedal power supply. So they go for the new one.
Digitech put the Whammy detune feature in a pedal called the Luxe a few years ago. I have one. It does a fantastic job of a chorus without the phase shifter, flanger swish. And the doubling effect is great.

You can put a DC jack directly in the AC cord hole (and solder two wires the the right pads) and feed the pedal with 18VDC. It's a 15 minutes hack job. You can see the result : https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/show-your-small-boards.2310725/post-34686811

It's kinda tight inside so I used this small DC jack that just fits right : https://www.banzaimusic.com/Lumberg-PSU-1614-09.html

J D Miley

Silver Supporting Member
I just got a new TC Gold Chorus /Flanger . To me, that is the best Chorus for me . Bad news is, it quit working with in 30 minutes when i got it. Had to return it for a replacement and they are out of stock . Hopefully this was just a defective unit and not a design flaw.
My other two are a Tortuga Martini and a Walrus Julianna (Both really nice sounding Chorus pedals, but I really like the TC better !). I had a Jam Pedals " Water Fall Chorus "for a few months , I did not like how it jumps up in Volume when engaged. I prefer something that does it thing more closer to unity volume.

Soothsayer

Silver Supporting Member
Id be interested in trying the new SCF Gold. I have an Inspire and the detune is pretty much where I keep it.

OotMagroot

Silver Supporting Member
Get the TCF Gold for the flanger. If you turn out not liking the flange, you can just use the chorus!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom