TC Electronic - which Behringer pedals are the new TC pedals based on?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Gonkboy, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Gonkboy

Gonkboy Member

I liked Behringer pedals. Cheap clones of classic Boss pedals - what's not to love (don't answer that). So I was happy when Behringer bought TC. TC has given me terrible customer service and dodgy products. But what I really want to know is what Behringer pedals are the new TC pedals based on?

So who is prepared to buy the pedals and show the guts to people who can tell us what's what? You would be a personal hero of mine.

Auditory Driving likes this.
  2. Iversen

Iversen Member

However tempting this must sound to each and every TGP'er - being a personal hero of yours - I don't think you should hold your breath waiting for a line to form up…

Wolfboy1 and 8len8 like this.
  3. Gonkboy

Gonkboy Member

Don't worry, I wasn't planning to hold my breath. I'm just curious as to which Behringer pedals were used.
    You're from Denmark. Can't you speak to TC and get some info?

4. nnnnnn

nnnnnn Member

This begs the question of whether the new T. C. pedals are based on Behringer pedals at all. Are they advertising that that is the case, or do you have a link to an article that says as much? (Which T. C. pedals are you even talking about?)

ChipOnly likes this.
  5. wilto

wilto Member

I have the tc forcefield compressor, sounds pretty damn good and built like a tank. And the price was more than reasonable. Don't know which behringer pedal its based on though.

6. triviani

triviani Supporting Member

How's the switch on these? Is it soldered to the circuit?

wilto likes this.
  7. wilto

wilto Member

I will check it out in the morning with pics..

triviani likes this.
  8. danbond

danbond Member

I don't think the pedals are based upon Behringers at all - or at least there has been no real suggestion to say they are.

The circuits would have had to be re-designed for the top jacks, TBP switches and smaller enclosure either way, so I'd guess that they are all pretty simple pedals based upon well-known and well-trusted standard circuits.

teodozjan likes this.
  9. Gonkboy

Gonkboy Member

On the contrary - TC themselves admitted the majority of the pedals were redesigns of existing Behringer pedals.

LeicaBossNJ and triviani like this.
  10. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

maybe @Tore TC can chime in, but i'm almost positive he posted on another thread about them saying the pedals were all either new designs or tweaked circuits from current Behringer models

EDIT: Found it!

nothing about specific circuits, but i'm guessing most of them would be fairly obvious, since i'm guessing there's not a huge variety of Behringer models to choose from :dunno

teodozjan, In_the_Weeds and fretless like this.
  11. S. S. Bender

S. S. Bender Member

Do the new TCE pedals based on Behringer redesigns include implementation of those awesomely reliable and easily replaceable TCE foot switches that everyone keeps talking about? Will TCE continue with their spectacular-build-quality-and-second-to-none-level-of-service-after-the-sale? Will sarcasm of the highest order still be hard to detect on Internet forums like TGP? Disinterested minds don't want to know! :D

uncle psychosis and Abram4235 like this.
  12. LeicaBossNJ

LeicaBossNJ Silver Supporting Member

Can't they just get their *$(# together and start selling the dang things in the USA?

13. LeicaBossNJ

LeicaBossNJ Silver Supporting Member

Will people freak out when their $55 pedal breaks and cry a trail of tears on TGP? Only time will tell.

fretless likes this.
  14. Resonance7

Resonance7 Member

I have 2 Hall of Fames, and plenty of other pedals...

The ONLY and I mean ONLY footswitch I've had go out is the 'High Quality Italian Switch' on my RMC wah. Ironic but true.

I played thru some of the new TC pedals.

The phaser was meh, the chorus was weak, and the vibrato sat back in the mix.

But!,

The rusty fuzz, digital and analog delay, and thunderstorm flanger are modern classics in the making.

IMO.

15. triviani

triviani Supporting Member

The problem is not that they could break, is that they can't be fixed.

moaningrooster and Abram4235 like this.
  16. danbond

danbond Member

Fair point, although most of the behringer pedals are standard circuits, optimised for cost I guess.

I think most people are put off by Behringer by the casing more than anything, so it's not a bad thing I guess.

17. CC Overdrive

CC Overdrive Member

TC basing new line of pedals on Behringer pedals? Does this mean the foot switches will suck even more?

18. pasadores

pasadores Member

In my case, the major downside of the behringer stompboxes are the plastic cases, I know I know, its hard to break them evenif you stomp on them as hard as you try, but I prefer to waste more and have a nice aluminium box. I have a DD100 and the harmonizer for 3 years now, and they are still working perfectly, I have somo joyos, and most of them have broke. Nothing against Joyo, love the price and their stuff, but the quality of their stombpoxes (the switches moslty) its not the best.

I love the shape of this new TC, the top mounted jacks let me stack them easily and use them with my switcher without much hustle.

19. gazzy_burns

gazzy_burns Member

I used to see TC as really forward thinking. I realise they needed a cheaper line, especially to help younger players/students and those less well off financially, but c'mon...this is just odd!

I still have a few TC pedals and an EXCELLENT TC Electronics bass amp and cab setup (they are FANTASTIC....quite high gear)....so I hope they continue to have a higher quality line.

Abram4235 likes this.
  20. gazzy_burns

gazzy_burns Member

PS - The Polytune pedals are great.