TC Electronics Corona Chorus

Discussion in 'Reviews of Pedals and Effects' started by gjohnson441496lpjr, Nov 5, 2018.

1. gjohnson441496lpjr

gjohnson441496lpjr Member

I did a search on GP and couldn't find anything on the Corona Chorus by TC Electronics. I've been wanting a chorus pedal for a long time so I watched a lot of utube comparison vids. I chose the Corona Chorus because out of all the vids I watched, it maintained the sound of the clean guitar. In actual use it doesn't color the sound of my guitars. I was also looking for a chorus that provides a minimum chorus effect, something to simply enhance my sound. The Corona Chorus does just that. I had a Way Huge Russian Pickle that I was somewhat leary about trading for it at GC, but I went for it anyway and it was worth the exchange. I use my amps gain setting for distortion and wasn't using the WHRP.

The other thing I like about the Corona Chorus is the option to download additional chorus effects from my iphone to the unit through the guitar pickups. After updating software for the unit from TC Electronics website, downloading additional chorus effects worked like a charm. The reviews for the software were like 2 1/2 so my expectations were low, but obviously TC Electronics have resolved that issue. I downloaded 8 into my favorites section, but there's quite a few more to choose from.

Vaifan likes this.
  2. soybean

soybean Supporting Member

Yep. I'm still a fan of the TC chorus sound, whether the original ones from the 1980's (still have a couple of those) or the newer digital versions like the Corona. It just seems the most natural sounding chorus and musical.

gjohnson441496lpjr likes this.
  3. Vaifan

Vaifan Member

I just got rid of my chorus. I need a better one now, and I'm already a fan of some of their pedals. So thanks for the thread, and I wish you all kinds of enjoyment w/ your new chorus.

4. gjohnson441496lpjr

Thanks! I guarantee you'll like the TC Electronics Chorus pedal. It's sweet. By sure to update it from their website. Once I did that I was able to use Toneprint

Vaifan likes this.
  5. Vaifan

Vaifan Member

How are the artist's Tone Prints for it, pretty good?

6. gjohnson441496lpjr

Absolutely. I have 4 in my favorites folder. So far, I'm stuck on using the Colin by Guthrie Govan. It's a combination of various choruses and sounds very lush and full. The others in my favorites folder are Dual Chorus, CE-1, and CHORUS by Brad Whitford. There are about 40 Artist Toneprint to choose from, notwithstanding the regular chorus is good enough in and of itself.

Vaifan likes this.