TC Electronics Mimiq Doubler

Bogner

I thought the idea was brilliant and the video seems to do justice for the intent. Does anybody have one and what are your thoughts and experiences with it so far? I ordered one of these and it will be arriving in a few days. I am really looking forward to getting it and putting it through its paces. Seems like a much better idea than a delay pedal to add some thickness to the tone.

aisling

Silver Supporting Member
Like you, I am intrigued, but I usually don't buy something that hasn't been out a good 6+ months to get a sense of what reviews are. What little I have read, the pedal shines in stereo much more than in a mono rig. Hope this thread takes life.

edge11

I have one since last week, but I've only been able to play it for about 2 or three hours since I'm rebuilding my pedalboard. It's pretty much pointless in a mono rig but amazing in sterio, it makes you sound huge.

JipThePeople

In stereo did you experience the drop out from one side where the stereo field doubling intermittently disappears? I have read another review that mentioned this issue.

Sloppyfingers

Well, I was going to make a thread inquiring about this pedal, but I noticed that threads like this one had already been started.
My GAS got the best of me, so I dropped the hammer on one today and I am picking it up later on. If just for my jam cave pedal meth lab.
I'm really hoping that I can get somewhat close to Tony Iommi's slightly out of time doubled guitar lead effect.
As well, I learned VH's Running with the Devil a few years ago, and my take on his solo always sounded thin..Ditto for Randy Rhoads stuff, so I'm hoping that I can have a better playing experience playing some of these tunes with a stereo set up.

Trending Topics