TC Flashback vs MP Deep Blue Delay

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by scolfax, May 17, 2012.

1. lux_interior

lux_interior Member

Eh... by playing both of them? (I'll respect your opinion instead of "lmao" as well)

My enjoyment?!?

Yes, but I was referring to this:

...unless it was set to buffer, in which case not having 100% of what you had is something to expect.

2. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

Ok. Having it switched to TB wouldn't have made a difference when the pedal was "ON".. and thats where I had it most of the time. ( set to a light room ambiance )

Somewhat "perceived inferior" tone at either on or off is a kill joy, right? What does it matter with that said?

When an effect is "ON" the dry or original tone is still important to me.. you can still hear it WITH the delays..

The FB may be more hi-fi.. but that doesnt make it have a better "sound quality" necessarily over the DBD.

3. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

I agree.

Have you tried the timeline?

How you liking the vmsd? Ive had the regular version.. it was great. I wonder how much more comparable the vmsd version is to the dbd?

4. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

i have a very old DBD (650 mms) and , well , the old one.
    It has been on my board for such a long time i can't remember.

I have had all other delays (el capstan, dmm, etc) and the DBD is still here.

That said, i bought a Diamond Delay and i am tarting to use the Memory lane jr more and more and the DBD is only used sometimes for OD tones.

So if you have the chance to try a Diamond memory lane jr, please do so.

5. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

I feel the same way about the dbd.. many have come and gone but nothing has been able to do what it can do so best.. especially being hit by dirt and out of an amps effect loop.

If there was a deluxe version with a tone knob and a tap tempo I would buy it in a heartbeat!

I dont suppose there is a way to have that done into a new enclosure, is there?

I will look at the diamond mmj.. thanks bro.