TC Hall Of Fame Mini. What's the best toneprint?

guitarman3001

Just got one and will be using it in the FX loop of amps that don't have built in reverb.

For those of you who have it or the regular HOF, what do you think is the best simple preset to emulate a good built in reverb? Modulated, ducked, etc... all that stuff is out. Just a simple amp-style verb.

guitarman3001

Could be. I tend to prefer hall type verbs but spring, hall, plate, all should be fine. Room verbs tend to not be deep enough for my liking but a decent Fender type spring or a hall or plate should work.

But the question is which one. I know I could sit here and go through all of their toneprints one by one but if some of you are already using what you think is the best one, it'll give me a starting point.

jimmyj

I have the regular HOF and tended to have it set with the 3 knobs at about 10 o'clock, long tails, and the selector knob at either "room" or "hall" depending on how deep I wanted it. I liked those two types the best out of the options.

IIRC, the mini is the "hall" setting from the HOF. That's what I'd use but it would interesting to hear what you find for a Toneprint.

guitarman3001

The only difference is the assignment and taper of the three knobs. :aok

Still feeling like an idiot..... I don't get it. I realize that the toneprint is made for the full size HOF but the knob assignments and tapers are different in all four pics. But in each pic, the toneprint is still named Bluesea3. Is it four different toneprints or one toneprint which somehow manages to squeeze 12 different assignments and tapers to only three knobs?

Calling me slightly confused would be a massive understatement.

coltonius

Señor Member
Silver Supporting Member
Still feeling like an idiot..... I don't get it. I realize that the toneprint is made for the full size HOF but the knob assignments and tapers are different in all four pics. But in each pic, the toneprint is still named Bluesea3. Is it four different toneprints or one toneprint which somehow manages to squeeze 12 different assignments and tapers to only three knobs?

Calling me slightly confused would be a massive understatement.
It's one TonePrint. The only variance in those 4 pics is which parameter is highlighted to be adjusted by the HoF Mini's knob sweep. Bottom left hand corner. The HoF's single knob affects all 3 of those parameters as you move it.

VinceM

For a really nice unobtrusive reverb check out the Johnny A. toneprint. His philosophy is great - he says he wants to feel the effect as opposed to hearing what it's doing. He captures that concept wonderfully in his toneprints. Check out the video he did with Tore.

guitarman3001

It's one TonePrint. The only variance in those 4 pics is which parameter is highlighted to be adjusted by the HoF Mini's knob sweep. Bottom left hand corner. The HoF's single knob affects all 3 of those parameters as you move it.

How would I get all that stuff on a single knob?

guitarman3001

OK, I think I got it. I'm still not 100% sure how to set the parameters though. I'll keep messing around with it until it sounds right.

MattLeFevers

Just got one and will be using it in the FX loop of amps that don't have built in reverb.

For those of you who have it or the regular HOF, what do you think is the best simple preset to emulate a good built in reverb? Modulated, ducked, etc... all that stuff is out. Just a simple amp-style verb.

You say "simple amp style reverb" but most of this thread so far is discussing big, ambient verbs. If you're going for the sound that a reverb knob on an amp would add then the Neunaber Wet toneprint is probably way off base.

Just pointing out we might not all be on the same page in terms of what reverb type we find appealing...

I haven't revisited it in a while, but I use the standard plate toneprint. The spring versions didn't sound good to me.

guitarman3001

You say "simple amp style reverb" but most of this thread so far is discussing big, ambient verbs. If you're going for the sound that a reverb knob on an amp would add then the Neunaber Wet toneprint is probably way off base.

Just pointing out we might not all be on the same page in terms of what reverb type we find appealing...

Good point. I've been working on it and yeah, it's not quite what I'd call a simple amp style reverb. It's very lush, somewhat modulated, and very cool but it's not something I would be able to use as an always-on reverb, like I'd do with an amp that had built in reverb which I could just set and forget. The Neunaber toneprint is more of an ambient effect that I could see myself using in parts of certain songs but not as an always on effect.

T Dizz

I find myself using the regular old ones.. I think I have a hall or plate on it right now since my amp has a built in spring reverb already. The JB Simo one is pretty cool too and reacts with your guitar volume knob IIRC

Trending Topics

Top Bottom