• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Tc Hall of Fame/Switch does not click/Defective?

FariaTavares

I have a TC Flashback Delay whose footswitch clicks when pressed, I just got a Hall of Fame that does not.
Is this a problem? Is my HOF defective? It there such a thing as soft click or hard click?

Thanks,

Rodrigo.

Abram4235

I have a TC Flashback Delay whose footswitch clicks when pressed, I just got a Hall of Fame that does not.
Is this a problem? Is my HOF defective? It there such a thing as soft click or hard click?

Thanks,

Rodrigo.
My tc looper does not have a hard click either, which I like. Pedal works fine. I think it's just a different design.

minty901

Thanks,

Rodrigo.
It's fine, just means your HOF is newer. They use soft switches now. I don't think it was a few years ago, more like a few months ago or at most a year ago.

coltonius

Señor Member
It's fine, just means your HOF is newer. They use soft switches now. I don't think it was a few years ago, more like a few months ago or at most a year ago.
No, it's definitely been a few years or so. Certainly more than a few months.. I got a FB X4 when they first came out a few years ago, and it was clickless; my HoF Mini from last year is clickless; and my T2 from Christmas is also clickless.

Kestrel

TC Defectronic made the move to soft-click switches a few years ago at least. Supposedly, they helped remedy the bad switch issues that were common with the TonePrint pedals. As to they're reliability? I don't know and really don't care. I wouldn't touch another one of their TonePrint pedals even if you paid me.

FariaTavares

TC Defectronic made the move to soft-click switches a few years ago at least. Supposedly, they helped remedy the bad switch issues that were common with the TonePrint pedals. As to they're reliability? I don't know and really don't care. I wouldn't touch another one of their TonePrint pedals even if you paid me.
Why?

minty901

No, it's definitely been a few years or so. Certainly more than a few months.. I got a FB X4 when they first came out a few years ago, and it was clickless; my HoF Mini from last year is clickless; and my T2 from Christmas is also clickless.
Sorry I don't think I was clear what I meant. They had been using soft switches for new pedal releases for a few years, yes, but it's only recently that they've started phasing out the older pedals and replacing them with the new soft switches.

Kestrel

Too many quality issues with the TonePrint models I owned. Let's see... I went through a Corona, a Flashback, a Hall of Fame, two Flashback X4's, and two Polytunes. Everything from operational glitches, bad switches, broken USB ports, display screen coming off, and one simply stopped working for no apparent reason. Even had one malfunction twice during a gig. All of this within the span of a year (give or take a few months).

I'm not rough on my pedals either. They go through the usual wear and tear associated with use, but I don't abuse my gear. I've got some pedals that have gone through some mileage over the years and work just like they did when they were brand new. I'm not a pedal snob. I own Boss, MXR, Danelectro, Digitech, Fulltone, Diamond, Catalinbread, Earthquaker Devices, Wren & Cuff, etc.. I like them all for various reasons, but the one thing I expect from them is reliability. I learned my lesson with TC Defectronic. If the pedals are not reliable, I won't give the brand a second look.

coltonius

Señor Member
Too many quality issues with the TonePrint models I owned. Let's see... I went through a Corona, a Flashback, a Hall of Fame, two Flashback X4's, and two Polytunes. Everything from operational glitches, bad switches, broken USB ports, display screen coming off, and one simply stopped working for no apparent reason. Even had one malfunction twice during a gig. All of this within the span of a year (give or take a few months).

I'm not rough on my pedals either. They go through the usual wear and tear associated with use, but I don't abuse my gear. I've got some pedals that have gone through some mileage over the years and work just like they did when they were brand new. I'm not a pedal snob. I own Boss, MXR, Danelectro, Digitech, Fulltone, Diamond, Catalinbread, Earthquaker Devices, Wren & Cuff, etc.. I like them all for various reasons, but the one thing I expect from them is reliability. I learned my lesson with TC Defectronic. If the pedals are not reliable, I won't give the brand a second look.
Dang. That sounds like a string of unusually bad luck! I've owned about as many as you with 0 issues.

Trending Topics