TC Helicon new voice pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by denmalley, Dec 7, 2016.

1. denmalley

denmalley Silver Supporting Member

Checking out the latest Prymaxe newsletter, there's three new offerings from TC Helicon.

Two are just version 2.0 of existing pedals, (Mic Mechanic 2 and Harmony singer 2) so pretty sure what to expect there. But I'm particularly interested in the new Duplicator, a voice doubling pedal (also has reverb and voice correction).

Looks pretty new and I can't seem to find any info online. Has anyone heard this new pedal? Any demo videos out there?

I'm also curious to hear thoughts on the "auto gain" feature, I kind of like having control over my own mic gain.

Prymaxe likes this.
  2. johnkoz

johnkoz Supporting Member

I just bought Play Electric; <$200, helicon repack...more 'bang for your buck' as it will do what several pedals will...fun
    500 presets as well...ridiculous actually, looper, amp models, helicon dark matter, chorus, flanger, aux in, hf out, etc...

didn't make sense to me to buy the mic mech for $150

had a vl2; sold it...

fwiw

3. denmalley

denmalley Silver Supporting Member

Yeah I've looked at a lot of the voicelive/play options but I wanted something a little more pedalboard friendly. I run one side of my stereo looper with vocals and right now use a cheap preamp in front of it. Thought maybe having this, with the built-in preamp as well as a little vocal oomph, might be a nice trade (and actually a little smaller than the pre). No room on my board for the multi fx units. Plus I'd be running it dry pretty much anytime I'm not running my own sound.

For 12 more hours I can get this thing for $120 at Prymaxe - was hoping to do a little better than a blind purchase, though.

4. Kurzman

Kurzman Supporting Member

I just ordered a Duplicator. It's a pre-order that says it should be out in a week or two.

One thing is for sure, it can't make my singing sound any worse (thus the "blind" purchase).

Prymaxe likes this.
  5. Kurzman

Kurzman Supporting Member

I asked Prymaxe about the arrival date......

"....TC has no ship date for these, we don’t plan on having them in the near future. I’ll let you know if anything changes!"

I cancelled my order (they had already charged my account!).

6. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

I have a TC Voice Create. Never liked it much.

7. Alnico&El34Rocks

Alnico&El34Rocks Member

The switch to 9 volt power supply and ability to power by battery are both cool upgrades.
    The duplicator looks interesting but would have been even nicer to have delay/echo in addition to reverb.

Maybe its possible this may be editable via software but would be useful to have control on how bright or dark the reverb is. It would really cool if they may have equivalent of toneprint editor for these and perhaps can have a variety of other types and parameters of reverbs and delays in these. For example chamber and plate reverbs...