• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

TC loopers and drum machine problem

Phase45child

When I try to use either a Ditto or the looper in my TC Alter Ego with a drum machine the looper ends up falling behind after a few bars. Why is this?

I'm talking stupidly simple loops of two bars too, not longer stuff where my timing is woeful!

Is it the pedal or just the minute differences between the drum loop and the pedal eventually slipping out of sync?

HerrRentz

Are they MIDI'd together? Is there a sync box or other method of timecode for one to follow the other? Or are you manually starting both at the same time?

Phase45child

Are they MIDI'd together? Is there a sync box or other method of timecode for one to follow the other? Or are you manually starting both at the same time?
I turn on the drum machine then record my loop, then hit play....it's working great for like 30 seconds and then...nope it's out of time again!

HerrRentz

You will never get one to follow the other, or stay in time together without a method of sync.

Phase45child

I did not know this! Thank you so much for the education today - i feel relieved that my timing is not as bad as originally feared

Trending Topics