• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

TC Mic Mechanic - anyone running one with 9v instead of 12v?

guitarman3001

I just got a Mic Mechanic and would like to put it on my pedalboard so I don't have an extra pedal to worry about floating around on the stage. The power supply for my pedalboard is set for 9v and 200ma but the pedal specs say it requires 12v and 400ma. I plugged it into the 9v power and tried it and it seemed to sound fine. Is there anything I can damage by underpowering it or should it work fine?

Anyone else running one of these at 9v?

If it sounds ok then I wouldn't worry. I had a TC Nova Delay running at 9v with no issues. The main thing that would happen from lower voltage is a drop in headroom.

guitarman3001

If it sounds ok then I wouldn't worry. I had a TC Nova Delay running at 9v with no issues. The main thing that would happen from lower voltage is a drop in headroom.
I wonder if it'll sound fine in a live setting. I tried it at home going through a powered PA speaker at very low volumes. But the signal going into the Mic Mechanic should be the same regardless of how loud the PA is so hopefully it'll be fine.

Trending Topics