TC Nova Delay- No power, No Bueno

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tremellow814, Feb 23, 2012.

1. tremellow814

tremellow814 Member

So my nova delay decided it will no longer power up. Nothing dramatic happened, it just stopped working. I'm no electronics wiz but Is there something i could look at when i open it up to check and see if its a simple fix? I love this pedal and if i take it to the repair shop its gonna be like $70 at least. Any suggestions?

2. oxtone

oxtone Member

Bummer! I'm waiting for my iB Modified Nova Delay from Pro Guitar Shop. I plan to power it at 12 Volts with a T-Rex Fuel Tank Chameleon.

How are you powering it? Are you using a wall wart for it? Maybe that shorted out. Or, if you were using a Pedal Power, maybe the DC cable shorted out?
    Were you powering it at 12 Volts DC?

3. tremellow814

tremellow814 Member

I was using the wall wart...I never could get it to power up correctly with the pedal power for some reason.

4. sam_sealion

sam_sealion Member

That's because the nova delay draws around 250-300 mA of current. I don't think the pedal power puts out that amount of current on any of its outputs.
    I have a nova delay too, but i don't use the wall wart that came with it (the tc helicon one). It was way too noisy with the wall wart. The nova runs on 9 V and 12 V, but the important requirement is the current: it requires at least 250-300 mA. Try using another power supply, even a one-spot, to check if its powering on that way.

5. jackbart1960

jackbart1960 Member

I just had to rebox the p/s that came with mine. The power cord split right as it came out of the wart itself. Definitely try and get the proper p/s 12v. .4a. I'm afraid that much of a variance will kill it.

6. matthornet

matthornet Member

The wall wart is really finicky. I'd agree to find an alternative power supply too in your situation. Though I'm still using my wall wart carefully, not because it's my choice power supply but coz i have not other alternatives at the moment.

7. Lampasas

Lampasas Member

Anyone know of an appropriate replacement for the power supply that comes with it? I just got an IB, and this thread's making me think that if nothing else I should probably keep a spare in the pedalboard bag.