TC Nova Modulator

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by daphil_1, Aug 7, 2008.

1. daphil_1

daphil_1 Member

Just hunting some opinions / experiences with this pedal. The features look great - just wondering if the quality of the effect is akin to a one off pedal and whether it is easy to use...flashing lights generally scare me away from pedals!!

Cheers

2. AnalogKid85

AnalogKid85 Member

Hopefully someone here has tried it and can tell us if the Tri-Chorus setting is any good. I don't want to have to shell out $3000 for a Dyno-My-Piano Tri-Stereo Chorus one day!

3. daphil_1

daphil_1 Member

4. juice

juice Member

I'm going to give you another bump on this thread, as I'm curious as well. I've looked through all the posts I can find doing a search, but would like to hear some fresh opinions regarding this pedal. I already have the Nova Reverb and Delay and think it would be pretty sweet to have a second row bank of Novas on the board.

5. TomK

TomK Member

I'm also very curious.....
    I'm thinking of swapping my Line 6 MM4 and DL4 for the Nova combo.

6. RickB

RickB Member

I got one in April when they came out and still haven't opened the box it came in from Sweetwater. :NUTS I hope to get around to it soon and will post some thoughts and clips!

7. thesjkexperienc

thesjkexperienc ^^^ I made this guitar^^^

I have had one for about a month now and find myself using it much more than I thought I would. It is simply a fun pedal, and having the choice of two pedals on at once is great. When you factor in the footprint for 8 effects it is a bargain.

I am not a huge chorus fan and feel the plain chorus is the weakest link in the pedal. The tri-chorus is much better, and is really great in stereo. In fact the whole pedal is better in stereo.

My favorite effects are the flangers and tremolo. The coolest tone is a high gain fuzz into either flanger with a touch of tremolo. I also like the phaser a lot. I cant talk about the vibrato as I find that a nasty effect anywhere.

I am a bit of a geezer and find the pedal very easy to navigate and use. I am also using the nova delay and like that one too.

8. drod2045

drod2045 Member

do you like the modulator in front or in the loop best?