TC pedals still have issues ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by CA$H FLOW, Feb 18, 2012.

1. CA$H FLOW

CA$H FLOW Member

Been reading lots about the Flashback and Hall Of Fame and I've read many posts about these pedals having issues. Sounded like the footswitch stops working or the pedal works intermittently.
    Have they worked out the kinks with these pedals yet? What are you're thoughts on em ?

2. dshobe

dshobe Rocky Mountain Way Silver Supporting Member

I've had the hof, have the fb now, never had any issues with either one.

3. oxtone

oxtone Member

No issue's with my Hall of Fame, ever.

4. walkers

walkers Member

I had the HOF and it was intermittent at best, it just wouldn't work...I sent it back the same day. Others seem to have no problems at all, perhaps just a bad run?

5. iama

iama Member

I'm experiencing an issue with my Flashback. Everything is functioning except that the Toneprint stopped transmitting to the pedal. The pedal doesn't flash when I try to send the Toneprint from my phone app. It was working great then just stopped.

I have tried just about everything. I've re-installed the software update to the pedal. I unplugged the power and powered back up. I re-installed the Android app. I turned the guitar volume up. It stopped flashing green after I tried to transmit.

Everything still works great and would be a great pedal without the Toneprint. I just want it to work. The next step is to contact customer support. I'm hoping that it is an easy fix. It's a great pedal otherwise.

6. CA$H FLOW

CA$H FLOW Member

How long have you guys had these pedals ? I really don't want to fork out hard earned cash for faulty music products anymore. In all honesty I'm quite surprised by the number of companies putting out products with flaws and faults; and you know they were aware of the issue before said product shipped out.

7. the fat one

the fat one Senior Member

I have not read that, and I've been in a lot of the Flashback threads and TonePrint threads and even started some of them because I have one.

8. brain21

brain21 Member

Just curious, does it work with a PC? Just wondering if it is a pedal issue or Android software issue?

9. Rage

Rage Supporting Member

I used to own a polytune. It only worked for half a day. It suddenly stopped tracking lower E and D.

10. strombie

strombie Member

polytune and flashback have worked flawlessly for me but I sent two HOF's back in one week because they both pooped out. which was... poopy.

11. jamesie

jamesie Member

i use a few tc pedals - vintage delay about 5 years - predrive about 5 years and the latest is a nova system limited about 3 month - without anytroubles

12. CA$H FLOW

CA$H FLOW Member

Yeah this kind of thing would be just my luck!

13. the fat one

the fat one Senior Member

: (

say it ain't so Joe.

14. MG90

MG90 Member

My Polytune does not work when it shows all 6 strings at once. It only shows a few strings. Still works 1 string a a time.

Not very well made. Bad manufacturing. TC sucks big...

...time.

15. Waxhead

Waxhead Member

Surfin at Merewether Point, NSW Australia

right then - where are all these reports then - I've not seen any more -ve reports on TC products than the average with every brand. :huh
    Wanna see -ve build quality reports - check Line 6 hehe

16. capt4inslow

capt4inslow Member

Am I the only guy with perfectly working TC pedals???

17. Daka3

Daka3 Member

No. Everything cool with my FB.

18. hydroquebec

hydroquebec Member

I've had the Corona for about a year now without any issues - probably 400+ clicks on it.

I've also had the Flashback and Hall of Fame for about 2 months without any issues so far. Tons of clicks on both of those pedals so far. I really like those two in particular.

19. The Interceptor

The Interceptor Member

I've got a Polytune and a Flashback, each must be more than a year old. No complaints with either of them.

20. wrightdude

wrightdude Supporting Member

FB works GREAT! would buy again!