TC stereo chorus/flanger, can it replace my...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by williamh, Jan 28, 2008.

1. williamh

williamh Supporting Member

Analogman chorus and guyatone fl3 flanger? Thinking about picking up one unit to cover both, and was wondering what the opinion is on this one?

2. Shiny McShine

Shiny McShine Member

I had this one and loved it's chorus; however, the flanger didn't really do it for me. I think that's the general consensus around here. The chorus is really pristine and many have even tied it to an 80's feel somewhat (think Andy Summers here).
    [​IMG]

3. jcshirke

jcshirke Silver Supporting Member

This isn't a direct reply to your question, but maybe another option would be the Eventide Mod Factor?

4. williamh

williamh Supporting Member

I've actually heavily considered both it and the new modulation nova pedal from tc....I just haven't decided quite yet if I want to wait for one of these things to come out......whenever.

5. Twanger

Twanger Member

I love my T.C. SCF but itÂ’s much more pristine and hi-fi sounding than the Analogman, the AM is capable of much thicker, more syrupy tones. They are both great chorus pedals, but different animals IMO. I use my T.C. for the hi-fi, crystalline type chorusing, and I keep a Keeley modded Boss CE-2 around for more of a thick vintage sound.

The flanger of the SCF is mediocre at best and honestly, I never use it. If I started using flange I would definitely get a stand alone unit for that.

6. Supertgtr

Supertgtr Member

Yes, Twanger is right. The TC is much more transparent. A different flavor of chorus.

7. jay42

jay42 Member

hmm...I think the flanger sounds pretty good for bass.