TCE Trinity T2 vs MXR Reverb

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mikzimous, Apr 13, 2016.

1. mikzimous

mikzimous Member

i'm trying to shy away from the big reverb pedals for ease of use and saving some space on the pedalboard.. which of the 2 could at least have the closest algo with the strymon/eventide/neunaber reverb i could get? i'm currently using an EHX holy grail nano that will eventually be included on my flyrig project.

thanks!

2. northstar6000

northstar6000 Member

I think the 2 pedals are vastly different beasts.

The mxr isn't out yet but looks like your typical jack of all trades reverb.

Whereas the T2 is really a far out ambience machine. I own the T2 and it's great but not for those seeking traditional reverb tones.

The MXR looks great.

3. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

How about the Neunaber Immerse?

4. minty901

minty901 Member

T2 is really weird and sci-fi sound effects mostly. Most of the effects are out of tune and (imo) horrible. If you want a Strymon/Neunaber sound in a small space then get the Neunaber Stereo WET V2 and use the software to tune it to taste (increase modulation for some heavenly reverb). If that's too expensive then, I don't know.

Bradleyonmic likes this.
  5. Brian Gilmour

Brian Gilmour Member

I had the T2 for about 3 days. Quickest turnaround for any pedal I've ever owned. Andy's demo on PGS made it sound heavenly and in the home it was ok for the ambient aspect but in a live band context it was absolutely worthless. You do have the toneprint slot for traditional reverb but you might as well go the HoF route. The MXR seems to be in the Boss RV-5/6 realm of reverb.

Bradleyonmic likes this.
  6. Bradleyonmic

Bradleyonmic Member

I have the T2, and like the others have said, it's next to useless. It is for ethereal, droning, far out there reverb sounds. You can get whatever Toneprint options for it you want, but IMO the Hall Of Fame TC is better, as you can have 9 normal reverbs, and program 1-2 ethereal sounds, instead of vice versa. I don't use either one right now though. I will be buying the MXR as soon as they come out, and have some PGS 10-20% off deal. It looks like the poor man's Big Sky! Let's just hope it's not SOOO digitally sounding. (Fingers Crossed!)

7. mikzimous

mikzimous Member

looks like it's going to be the MXR Reverb for me.. :) looking forward to try one before buying it.. thanks for your inputs

8. Fireheart7

Fireheart7 Member

I just got the new MXR reverb and it has more usable algos than T2. My favorite slot on the T2 was a toneprint. I find I can use all of the 6 algos on the MXR. They are all usable and some are great, like the epic. It has a good spring with enough drip, etc. Plus I can switch algos with my foot... The T2 is good, just not as good and some algos are just not usable on normal musical settings.