• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

TCM amps

BCJek

I looked at one for sale locally once. The only issue I had [IIRC] is that they are are "very" PCB in their manufacture. That is, the tubes were mounted to the PCB and sit in holes in the chassis. I think they were made in the Toronto area.

The other amp for sale in that ad is kind of cool, too. Japanese Elk by Miyuki Ind. Co. Very Fender in cosmetics, but Japanese in construction and circuit.

archives

Thanks for the info BCJek! As long as it sounds like it's supposed to, I'm happy. I think I'm going to go check it out on Monday, but it's a bit of a trek. Four buses to get there :S

Kurtsstuff, could you elaborate?

vds5000

Thanks for the info BCJek! As long as it sounds like it's supposed to, I'm happy. I think I'm going to go check it out on Monday, but it's a bit of a trek. Four buses to get there :S

I went to buy a Les Paul off someone (an hour from Toronto) about a year and a half ago. He had a TCM head. He said it was crap. When I saw it, he had taken it completely apart to rebuild.

Additionally, a few years back (around '98), there was an auction in the Toronto area. The merchandise was mainly from some music store that shut down in the Ottawa area. There were several (at least 5-7) TCM heads. They went for peanuts ($150-200 range).

archives

Hmm.. interesting. I'll ask him where he got it, and maybe offer him like $240 or something. Thanks for the info!

kurtsstuff

I had one briefly and very,very poor build quality..PCB's so thin they'd most likely crack first tube change, cheap pots etc,etc but..On a positive note but I'm going from memory and if it serves me correctly...They used Hammond Transformers but like i said..I could have my wires crossed on that statement...They sounded kinda ok...

archives

Hmm.. thanks for the info kurtsstuff.. I'm going to ask him a few more questions before I make the trek down to his place.

Trending Topics