TE-2 Tera Echo

burythemisery

how are you guys using/liking his pedal. I just picked it up yesterday. I use it with my RE-20 and my hardwire supernatural ambient verb, and it's...okayyyy. by itself the pedal is great, but I can't help but wonder if there is a specific way i'm supposed to be using this pedal. the usability of the pedal seems the negate itself when involved with other pedals.

Lullabies

I use mine without any other effects.. mostly with the knobs at noon.. I love it for adding ambient delay pick scrapes or for apreggio finger picking with open tuned guitars for a exotic ambient tone.. I pick lightly with it so I don't get too much of that modulated decay space sounds.

I'm a big fan of this pedal! Good work Boss!

Last edited:

jordane93

mostly with the knobs at noon.. I love it for adding ambient delay pick scrapes or for apreggio finger picking with open tuned guitars for a exotic ambient tone.. I pick lightly with it so I don't get too much of that modulated decay space sounds.
Same here for me. With all knobs at noon-ish, the pedal sounds great. I do however like to stack it with either a Carbon Copy or Nova Repeater to get a lot of wash sounds. For dramatic parts of song, I like hearing the spacey flange/verb decay thing at the end so I'll adjust my picking as necessary

Belmont

I really like everything about this pedal (I think) and really want to get one.
a few questions:

can it replace the EH Freeze, does it work as well, is it immediate like the freeze or does it take a second to process the sound and then freeze it?

is there a way of not having that modulated "effect" activated, I can't stand the sound of that and it would be a deal breaker for me if it was always on and you couldn't get rid of it.

thanks if anyone can answer

Lullabies

Same here for me. With all knobs at noon-ish, the pedal sounds great. I do however like to stack it with either a Carbon Copy or Nova Repeater to get a lot of wash sounds. For dramatic parts of song, I like hearing the spacey flange/verb decay thing at the end so I'll adjust my picking as necessary
Oh it must sound great with the MXR CC!!

I like that spacey decay effect for some things too! It is just an all around cool pedal to have at your feet. Adds some extra zest to clean parts...The hold function is also really cool but in a band mix it is too quiet IMO.. It is a shame they did not add a volume knob for that function

RouseTheBoroughs

Silver Supporting Member
how are you guys using/liking his pedal. I just picked it up yesterday. I use it with my RE-20 and my hardwire supernatural ambient verb, and it's...okayyyy. by itself the pedal is great, but I can't help but wonder if there is a specific way i'm supposed to be using this pedal. the usability of the pedal seems the negate itself when involved with other pedals.
I use it a lot as a freeze pedal by staying pressed down on it, it can do a pretty impressive one man 'Shine on you crazy diamond' that way ... aside from that it's the one reverb pedal that I get along with decently ... I can dial it in decently for a few bits of 'Shimmery' stuff !

A weird little unit but I enjoy it immensely, reverse octave delay on the Empress Super Delay makes it sound bonkers :bow

jordane93

Oh it must sound great with the MXR CC!!

I like that spacey decay effect for some things too! It is just an all around cool pedal to have at your feet. Adds some extra zest to clean parts...The hold function is also really cool but in a band mix it is too quiet IMO.. It is a shame they did not add a volume knob for that function
it sounds awesome with my delays and really brigthens up the CC. I don't find myself using the hold function too much, I wish they would latch mode where you don't have to hold the switch down and just maybe tap it twice to engage the hold mode. That's the one thing I don't like about the tera echo

Lullabies

it sounds awesome with my delays and really brigthens up the CC. I don't find myself using the hold function too much, I wish they would latch mode where you don't have to hold the switch down and just maybe tap it twice to engage the hold mode. That's the one thing I don't like about the tera echo
Yeah I disike the holding down of the pedal for it to do that sustain function. If someone came up with a mod for it to latch by double tapping or something I would get it done. It is such a unique Delay!

Kestrel

I like to use the "freeze" function on my Tera Echo and loop it with the Digitech JamMan Express (so I don't have to keep the Tera Echo pressed down) to create ambient droning sounds. It also comes in handy for trippy volume swells when used along with the Memory Lane Jr and Silver Spring Reverb. My settings are as such: E Level between 1-2 o'clock, Tone at 11, Feedback between 1-2 o'clock, S-time around 11. I will agree, the TE-2 is a unique pedal. Definitely not for everyone, but I certainly enjoy it.

Last edited:

jrcjoseph

Wow, how did I miss this thread....:omg

Can the Timeline do the Tera Echo sound? Or maybe it's more of a Big Sky thing?

jrcjoseph

Yeah I disike the holding down of the pedal for it to do that sustain function. If someone came up with a mod for it to latch by double tapping or something I would get it done. It is such a unique Delay!
I have no idea if this could be done, but would it be possible to change the 2nd input to something that would allow you to connect an external footswitch to activate/deactivate freeze?

AnalogKid85

Wow, how did I miss this thread....:omg

Can the Timeline do the Tera Echo sound? Or maybe it's more of a Big Sky thing?
No way the Timeline can do the Tera Echo sounds--at the very least you'd have to have two Timelines, one set for the Filter delay sounds, running into another Timeline on Pattern mode (for a multitap early reflections "reverb" kind of setting) to get something similar or vice versa (Pattern > Filter). You could get either the ambient/multitap quality of the Tera Echo out of one Timeline, or the filtering, but not both at the same time. The Big Sky can get the "ambience" of that Tera Echo even better ("Cloud" mode would probably be best).

I was thinking though, if you could hook up an EHX 8-Step program to the expression pedal input, depending on the nature of the filters in the Timeline and Big Sky, you might be able to auto-modulate those and get similar sounds...it still wouldn't respond dynamically to the input level (like the Tera Echo does) but it could get in the ballpark. It's definitely a complex algorithm they've packed into that pedal--I honestly haven't heard anything besides the Lexicon PCM80 or the Eventide rack units do effects like that before.

heavision

No way the Timeline can do the Tera Echo sounds--at the very least you'd have to have two Timelines, one set for the Filter delay sounds, running into another Timeline on Pattern mode (for a multitap early reflections "reverb" kind of setting) to get something similar or vice versa (Pattern > Filter).

Really? Yikes. I thought the Timeline could do just about any delay-type thing. Can it get close?

Clean Channel

Really? Yikes. I thought the Timeline could do just about any delay-type thing. Can it get close?
Well, the Timeline was designed before the TE-2 was released. Since the TE-2 was designed to be a new and totally unique delay effect, there's no way Strymon could have modeled a mode to sound like it.

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
Well, i scored a TE on Evilbay this morning for $150. Cant wait to try it out. The only problem is i bought a EHX MM XO too this morning and a Cali76 comp. Geesh! GAS is terrible this week!!

Trending Topics