• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Tech 21 Blonde - High Headroom Cleans When Going Direct ?

The Scrutinizer

Yeah, it's lookin' like I'm getting one

Need a backup in case the rig dies

I wish it could simulate 2 jensens like a twin

Do you think it could be feasible hooking this through a cab sim box like the pdi 09 when going direct?

never tried it with cabs, but i 've done gigs with it direct. it can do clean fender sounds at any sound level with no problem.. i use it as a clean channel sim, and put my drives before it, modulation after..

TieDyedDevil

Do you think it could be feasible hooking this through a cab sim box like the pdi 09 when going direct?
The cab sim in the Character Series pedals can't be defeated. Chaining together two cab sims probably won't do what you want.

Besides, why don't you try out the pedal before thinking up ways to improve it? You may find that it works just fine as-is.

TNO

You can get any flavor of Fender clean you want out of the Blonde...it's really sounds believable. First Tech 21 product I've liked.

62Tele

Silver Supporting Member
This is pretty spot on with what I'm finding with the Liverpool I just bought. Sounds best direct, useful into an amp but not it's forte. Sure beats hauling a backup amp. I've been experimenting with running a tube amp in stereo with a direct signal and so far these pedals are the best way I've found to make a direct signal sound like a tube amp. Looks like the Blonde is next in line.

LouRossi

never tried it with cabs, but i 've done gigs with it direct. it can do clean fender sounds at any sound level with no problem.. i use it as a clean channel sim, and put my drives before it, modulation after..
Does it handle the drives well? My psa-1 does well but wanted a pedal for live use..

Trending Topics